Coby Kyros Tips and Tricks

Tito

Apr 25, 2011
Hey Guys, If you have rooted your Mid7015 I happened to run into a gpu update for this underrated Coby device. I ran it to this gpu update in a spanish speaking site so I thought Id share since so much information is shared by others in this site alone

Here is the link Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Install it using the clockworkmod.

I Installed it and it has given me better Screen resolution as well as the ability to play videos like "pissed of Bird" RIO (LOL) but in any case it work and i dont get those white patches anymore when playing games.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

Tito

Apr 25, 2011
Hey Guys, If you have rooted your Mid7015 I happened to run into a gpu update for this underrated Coby device. I ran it to this gpu update in a spanish speaking site so I thought Id share since so much information is shared by others in this site alone

Here is the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F632OX3U

Install it using the clockworkmod. ( Turn it off, the press the two button and navigate your SDCARD content. make sure you do not unzip it. Oh I gorgot, transfer the file from the PC to the tablet the usual way?)

I Installed it and it has given me better Screen resolution as well as the ability to play videogames like "pissed of Bird" RIO (LOL) but in any case it work and i dont get those white patches anymore when playing games and the videos as well.

Try it and let me know if it works for you. Keep in mind that you have to have this thing rooted and as always you're doing things to your coby at your own risk.

Last edited:

buckett007

May 2, 2011
when trying to root I keep getting error cp: omitting directory '/sdcard/flash_image' what am I doning wrong?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
buckett007,
You should probably ask in one of the sticky threads about rooting.
"omitting directory" usually means a command to do multiple copies did not work.
What was the command that caused the error?
Which thread are you following? Which step are you at?

May 27, 2011
when i tryed to root my kyros i got all the way to the last part then it said somthing about their was no such file *PLEAS HELP*

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Hello: I have the Colby Kyros MID7120, I try and look every web page, android market and this web page to find the "file Manager" and also on how to download the "Android Market" however I have come across that there's no information or forum on the above tablet mention. Even if I go to the Android Market section apps for tabletsl it will tell me "No Phone device found" meaning it keeps telling me that must be an Android phone. Please please please:eek: advice as too Im so disapoited with this tablet since it would not allow me to download any program from the android market.