coby kyros

yezzy

Dec 26, 2010
. my apps market is down, so i went to the coby website and downloaded a file called update.zip and followed the directions of this video and now when i start it, it says "coby" and turns off. i went back to the coby website and found out i had installed an update for the MID7015 when i have the MID7005.... any ideas on how to fix this?????
:(

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I don't have a MID7005 so this is just a thought but in the video they boot holding in two buttons and get to a menu with options. Can you do that? Any useful options there?

yezzy

Dec 26, 2010
no. i installed the wrong software and now ithink its bricked.... any help on how 2 un-brick it??

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I think there is hope if you get a screen that says "Coby".
I was hoping the double button boot would get you to a menu to reset the unit to "as shipped".
Here is Coby's contact for help page
COBY - Contact

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Have tried the small reset button on the back of the device? Haven't tried mine yet. It should take everything back to factory reset.

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I have used the small reset button several times when my MID7015 froze up. Once trying to power down after the second popup it hung - for hours so I took it out of the case and used the stylus to push reset. It does not do a factory reset just kills the current boot. There is an option in "Settings" for factory reset but you cannot get there until after a successful boot.
So I just tested my MID7015. Hold in the "return" button and keep holding it in. Press the "power on" button and hold both in for a long long time. First the boot info shows, then the Coby screen shows --- keep holding both buttons in --- then an android and ! sign appear - now at last you can let go of both the buttons.
Here do a simple return and I get a menu.
The options are:
reboot system now
apply sdcard: update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
change first logo
change second logo
The "menu key" steps down the list
I don't need to do it but I think go down to "wipe data/factory reset" is what is needed here.

yezzy

Dec 26, 2010
ive done this, and ive also found that i installed the wrong driver(mid7015), so ithink i have 2 re-install the mid7005 driver to get it working again