compare between LG G Pad 8 V480 or 8.3 V500

young707

Jul 13, 2012
I am shopping 8 inch Android tablets. I found the LG G Pad are good prducts to fit me need.
I do web surfing, book reading and do some Google Voice chats.

I am concern the G Pad 8.0 with 1GB RAM limitation? Does this a incur any major performance problem?
The G Pad 8.3 with 2GB RAM is nice. The price difference is around $60 at Amazon.

Please tell me your concern with 1GB RAM problems?
Any other major problem should I concern about?

Thank you for your advice.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Being that there are phones and tablets with 3 GB these days I just don't see going with only 1GB. It isn't that it won't work but this forum is filled with posts about tablets that started with only 8GB of storage. That was fine for a little while but ultimately caused problems. Shorting yourself on RAM isn't quite a bad but if you regret it at some point there isn't much you can do.

young707

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks leeshor.
Have never use LG product, do not know if this G Pad 8 V480 wifi only, is loaded with much bloatware. Even worse if they run many useless bloatware in background, sucking up battery and RAM - exactly why I ran away from my several Samsung's products' Sxxx junks.
I assume for storage, I have 16GB flash + MicroSD - that would be plent. But like to know how much the 1GB RAM is left in normal boot, without running any app?

young707

Jul 13, 2012
Now I am seriously looking at the LG G Pad 8.3 V500. Its around $60 more to the V480.
Please advice your user experiences?
Lots of comments about LG G Pad tablet's Micro USB charging problems. Is the micro USB connectors itself is the problem?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have no direct experience with either one but I suspect the chances of you having a charging port problem on the LG is slim. One must be careful with any micro USB port, no matter the device.

young707

Jul 13, 2012
thanks leeshor.
I agree completely with microUSB connector. Its designed with epoxy PCB circuit board laminated copper trace as contact. Very bad idea. The copper laminate are just simple glue to smooth epoxy surface. It cannot take the daily insertion force. I can put together a team to redesign the copper laminate contact as a metal rod pin embedded in high impact molded plastic.