Complete Noob......advice needed on "flashing" uberoid

Aug 15, 2013
Please could anyone help??

I have a Wondermedia WM8650 10" tablet, i believe thats what it is. Based on searching google images and finding one that looks exactly like mine.

It is quite simply a terribly slow and unpredictable tablet, but as i only want it for reading and the odd game, i would like to sort it out.

Many people have told me to "flash" my tablet "ROM" with uberoid.....im sure people reading will know what all of that means.
Im not completely inept in computers and whatnot, having been a Ubuntu user for several years, i thought maybe i could get round this easily. but its a whole different ball game.

My tablet has a TF slot and a USB slot, the only sd card i have is a standard sd card. I have used this for everything to do with installing things,etc on my tablet, using a usb card reader plugged into my tablet.
I have ran the Uberoid changer programme on my laptop and selected the correct setup,etc then saved it to the SD. But when i plug it into the tablet and switch it on, it just boots up normally. No Uberoid install???

Is it not possible to "flash" by usb reader? does it have to be an SD card connected directly??

Please help!!
I really appreciate any advice you can give.
Richard

Aug 15, 2013
Yes, you must use the microSD card to flash it.
I went and bought a micro sd card yesterday and followed the advice given.
the device still just boots up as normal when the sd card is in.

It is visible in the file system browser, but nothing happens when it boots up

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Which advice are you referring to? Did you register at Techknow and follow their instructions or some you got somewhere else? I ask because I have seen incorrect and modified versions in other areas of the internet. For answers on Uberoid, the Techknow forums have lots of answers on them already.

Aug 15, 2013
Which advice are you referring to? Did you register at Techknow and follow their instructions or some you got somewhere else? I ask because I have seen incorrect and modified versions in other areas of the internet. For answers on Uberoid, the Techknow forums have lots of answers on them already.

Yes I followed the advice on tech know and used the uberoid Link on there.
Opened changer file, selected my model, saved to sd, inserted sd in tablet, switched on.
just boots up as normal.??

i have tried changing the settings to a different one on the changer programme, but it still does nothing

really desperate now.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I got rid of my WM8650 so can't try it to confirm. It does sound as if something went wrong during your format (FAT32 only) or while running changer.bat. I wouldn't try a changer number that was different than for your model because if it does install it could cause problems. I'm not trying to cop out on this, but try posting your issue on the Techknow forums. One other thing to try is the Uberizer instead of flashing the ROM. I haven't tried it but they indicate that it works better with fewer potential issues.