Completely new to tablets

Telman2

Mar 18, 2012
My name is Chuck, I'm 68 years old and I'm completely new to tablets, until last week I thought Android was a computer game. I ordered a Asus tablet on a whim from Newegg figuring I could always give it to one of my grandchildren if I couldn't make it work. I'm reading a lot here on the forum and slowly making progress, understanding the terms that are used are a challenge but being retired I have tons of time to work on them. If you come across some really stupid questions you'll probably find that I was the one that posted them.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum Chuck! Get a bit of patience and soon you will be able to use the tablet in many nice ways. Reading news, watching videos and finding all kinds of guides, how-tos and other interesting/useful information is a Godsend on a tablet!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Chuck, welcome to Android Tablets, and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice of you to become a member of the forum. To get you started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android terminology. In fact. there's a whole dictionary of terms there that you'll probably find helpful. If you have any questions or need help with that Asus, just click this link to the Asus Tablets forum and I'm sure the folks there will be happy to help you out in any way they can. Hope that helps a little. The main thing is to enjoy the tablet and the forum. Have fun!