Configure/Find a Superpad (Flytouch 2) Male to Male USB Cable

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
There has been much discussion and some frustration over obtaining a USB Type-A Male to Male cable in order to connect your Windows XP or other computer to the Superpad (Flytouch 2) tablet. Call me crazy, but I just can not justify spending my time cutting up USB Cables and soldering the wires together to make an appropriate cable. The internet abounds with sites that sell the needed cables and/or adapters for very little cost.

The needed cable is easly put together using readly available USB cables and adapters.

Here are the common combinations that apply:

USB Type-A Male to Type-A Male Cable
$Type-A Male to Type-A Male Cable.jpg
USB Type-A Male to Mini-B 5-Pin Male Cable + Mini-B 5-Pin Female to USB Type-A Male Adapter
$Type-A Male to Mini-B 5-Pin Male Cable.jpg$Mini-B Female to Type-A Male Adapter.jpg
USB Type-A Male to Type-B Male Cable + USB Type-B Female to USB Type-A Male Adapter
$Type-A Male to Type-B Male Cable.jpg$Type-B Female to USB Type-A Male Adap.jpg

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
If you ever manage to get a SuperPAD-type device to connect to Windows (other than thru IUW) PLEASE MAKE THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE to the rest of us!
From my experience, they simply do not have the interface (module or whatever) to do the job... and part of my effort recently has been to get that to work.

But yes, it is quite easy to get the items you mentioned to do the job... and I cannot think of any reason they would not work (for IUW, at least).
I DID, however, actually buy a M-M cable thu Eb-y and use it for the pads that have full-size USBs.

I wonder if it has something to do with the minis having 5 conductors and the big ones only 4...

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
If you ever manage to get a SuperPAD-type device to connect to Windows (other than thru IUW) PLEASE MAKE THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE to the rest of us!
From my experience, they simply do not have the interface (module or whatever) to do the job... and part of my effort recently has been to get that to work.

But yes, it is quite easy to get the items you mentioned to do the job... and I cannot think of any reason they would not work (for IUW, at least).
I DID, however, actually buy a M-M cable thu Eb-y and use it for the pads that have full-size USBs.

I wonder if it has something to do with the minis having 5 conductors and the big ones only 4...

Nice to know. FYI, the difference between Type-A and Mini/Micro is primarily generational. The fifth pin (actually pin 4) permits distinction of the host connection from the slave connection.

The software for direct interface with Windows is called "Software Data Cable" and may be found at The Market. I find it helpful for file transfers to/from my Superpad. Another great software available at The Market is now called "PocketCloud Remote RDP/VNC". I use it to remotely control my Windows PC from the Superpad over the internet. Works much the same as Go To My PC.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Took me awhile to realize I was turning my tablet into an FTP server... getting old in my slow age...

It is still faster to use TF cards to copy from/to... tho I think this is a good idea... would rather have a samba-like VPN connection tho... will have to work on that.
:D
EDIT:
Perhaps it would run faster using the standard FTP port...