Confused: Need tablet

TigerHo

Aug 22, 2010
Hi

I have been looking for a android or Win7 tablet for some time and tbh I am feeling more and more confused with all the names and options.

I am looking for a 10" tablet.
3G and Wifi

I need it for my work so it is mainly used for PDF viewing, Excel and Word. I dont need to use the MS programs but tablet needs those possibilities.

I have been looking at the Notion Ink Adam and it looks sweet but release time will be many months from now so I want a inbetween tablet to start my tablet experience.

I found several on Ebay but I dont know which to choose and if there is better options out there.

Windows 7 tablet with sleek looks and fast. This one is my favorite in the high price range but I cant find anything about it elsewhere.
10.2" WXGA LED M015 Aton N450 Windows 7 Tablet 320GB - eBay (item 260652150595 end time Sep-16-10 23:10:52 PDT)

Android tablet with sleek looks. Price is nice and low.
10.2" Dual core 3G WiFi Android 2.1 Notebook Tablet PC - eBay (item 200510424741 end time Aug-23-10 11:34:42 PDT)

Is there some better alternatives with like HDMI out ( Could be sweet ) or other nice features?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You need to get a real Windows tablet for work. Android isn't quite capable for that sort of thing right now. If you have access to an Android phone, try that out and you will see what i mean. Tablets are currently large screen versions of the phones.

If just for PDF viewing, that device will be sufficient for your needs. But do your research and recognize the limitations, or you may be disappointed.

TigerHo

Aug 22, 2010
I already have a HTC Desire with 2.2 so I know alot about android.

My main work is to review companies annual reports and make alot of calculations based on those. The tablet wont be my main work machine but a nice addition for when i am on the move or vacation/home and such.

If the tablet have Windows 7 as OS then I can use it as my main work machine from home, meaning I can run all my programs on the machine. I just havent found any info about the tablet anywhere else so I am a bit anxious to fork out the price of a very small laptop for something that might be crap.

The notion Ink Adam seems like the answer but I sorta want a tablet very soon.

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
Hi

I have been looking for a android or Win7 tablet for some time and tbh I am feeling more and more confused with all the names and options.

3G and Wifi

I need it for my work so it is mainly used for PDF viewing, Excel and Word. I dont need to use the MS programs but tablet needs those possibilities.

I have been looking at the Notion Ink Adam and it looks sweet but release time will be many months from now so I want a inbetween tablet to start my tablet experience.

I found several on Ebay but I dont know which to choose and if there is better options out there.

Windows 7 tablet with sleek looks and fast. This one is my favorite in the high price range but I cant find anything about it elsewhere.
10.2" WXGA LED M015 Aton N450 Windows 7 Tablet 320GB - eBay (item 260652150595 end time Sep-16-10 23:10:52 PDT)

10.2" Dual core 3G WiFi Android 2.1 Notebook Tablet PC - eBay (item 200510424741 end time Aug-23-10 11:34:42 PDT)

Is there some better alternatives with like HDMI out ( Could be sweet ) or other nice features?

Best Tablet!
Tablet Choice.
Hi,
I just sent my 10.2 Android zt180 back, as it would not work with my .exe programmes etc, so am replacing it with
Windows7 10.2" N450 HDMI out etc,this is by far the better choice for my requirements.Good luck.
Mick. Lincoln UK.

Last edited:

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
Tablet Choice.
Hi,
I just sent my 10.2 Android zt180 back, as it would not work with my .exe programmes etc, so am replacing it with
Windows7 10.2" N450 HDMI out etc,this is by far the better choice for my requirements.Good luck.
Mick. Lincoln UK.:cool:

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
Hi

3G and Wifi

Best Tablet!
Tablet Choice.
Hi,
Mick. Lincoln UK.