Connectivity issues with Ultra-thin 7 inch Android 4.0 MID tablet pc Al3

NORRISW

Jan 9, 2013
Hi there - I recently won this tablet at a school fair - its driving my nuts - the wi-fi connects and drops intermittently – that is it searches and finds available wi-fi (home, work or other). My issue is that I connect, try to go to say google play store as an example, wi-fi just drops – I then reconnect and try again – sometimes it will stay up and I can connect, then it just drops. Signals are excellent /very strong – this happens no matter where I am (home router has up to date firmware).

These are the specs – any help would be appreciated as this tablet is useless until I can rectify this.

Ultra-thin 7 inch Android 4.0 MID tablet pc 512MB/4GB Q88 Allwinner A13

Operating System: Google Android 4.0.4
Screen Size: 7 inch
Kernal Version 3.0.8
CPU Type: Cortex-A8 1GHz-1.5GHz
Build number: Nuclear_q8_a13-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120629 TEST-KEYS
CPU Manufacturer: ALLWINNER
CPU Model: A13
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 512MB
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 4GB
PCMCIA Expansion: Micro SD Card / T-FLASH(Support 32G MAX)
3G: Supporting External 3G modem
Battery Type: Built-in Lithium Battery: 1800 mAh

Thanks
Warren

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds by your description that this has been a problem at multiple WiFi locations. If so then you may need to take a close look at your apps to see what may be getting in the way, Have you by any chance installed any app that was supposed to help you communicate with your phone, like PDAnet?

If it's only happening in one place I have a link below that would help.

NORRISW

Jan 9, 2013
Thank you for the response - Yes I have issues at multiple locations - I have not downloaded any apps other than facebook, which took 2 days to complete - all other 'apps' were pre-loaded on the tablet like YouTube. Any suggestions- I can try to stop / kill everything running and see if it improves etc..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only suggestion I have is to get it exchanged from the place you purchased it, as something is definitely not right.