Contacts on Tablet

railker

Feb 26, 2012
Sorry I may not be following 100% of the rules, but about to head out for the evening and wanted to let this question simmer a bit before I poofed, figure it out best I can before too long.

My Dad went and bought a tablet to help him with managing his clients -- right now looking up pricing information means hunting through old invoices, or going to the Gmail account ... but considering I was teaching him the other night which button on the mouse you click with, I think we can all guess it's not the easiest thing for him to logon to Gmail -- but tablets are easy to teach, and he eventually wants something he can bring out in the field with him and reference on the fly.

I can logon to Gmail from the tablet connected to house internet, but the google.com/contacts page won't scroll, can only search for the name and go that way. What I would really like is to be able to have an app on the tablet he can simply access, sync the contacts from Gmail with a CSV file every week with updated information so he doesn't need to access internet in order to see the address, phone number, notes, etc.

I've done lots of searching, but have yet to find anything that really does that -- at least, for android tablet: I don't know if apps are different between phone and tablet, but I imagine so. Anyhow,I leave this matter to the expertise of this forum, please halp!

Coby Kyros MID1126

HappyChris

Feb 4, 2012
I'm puzzled that your Google Contacts don't scroll so might I assume that your tablet has no phone - like mine :-( - and thus no real(?) Contacts app... I downloaded or found on my tablet 'contactshortcut' which indicated how to download my google contacts (in vCard format) from the Web and import this file. I suddenly found that I have contacts available offline, scrollable and searchable as I do with my Android phone!

The 'contactshortcut' bit is probably a call that is part of the gapps set of progs. Age prevents me from recalling how I did this before the weekend!

Cheers,

railker

Feb 26, 2012
Yus, it's a utility tablet, doesn't have a phone feature -- and no bluetooth in turn, either, only wireless networking. And I think the Google Contacts doesn't scroll because when you logon on your computer, the list is a scroll window inside the window, so the tablet ... can't understand that, haha.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at that and see what I can do, cheers!