Couple of Options in the 9-10" Range...

sfo1

Dec 29, 2012
I am in the market for a new Android tablet. Some of my needs are capacitive touch, Android 4.0 or better, good battery life, Flash capable, and decent build. I will web surfing, Google Play app d/loads, YouTube, NetFlix, email, webapps and word processing? I'll also let my kids do some educational games.

I'd like to keep it to approx $200 USD.

I'd like a 9.7" (nothing smaller than a 9).

With my budget, I doubt I'll be getting any 'brand' names, so i found the Zenethink C97 (9.7" Zenithink C97 Dual-Core Google Android Tablet CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean 4.1. Is this any good or will I constantly be 'patching' problems?

Should I up my budget to get a brand name? The Asus TF300 can be had for a little more than $300 (ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T-A1-CG Tablet - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.2GHz, 1GB DDR3, 16GB Flash Storage, 10.1 Multi-Touch Screen, Dual Webcams, Champagne at TigerDirect.com.

I am open to suggestions and looking for some guidance. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:

FiOS_Dan

Oct 20, 2012
Better screen resolution on the Ainol Novo 10 Hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
A couple?

Novo and Onda. Ck Merimobiles or McBub.

You said 200. If an extra 40-60 is possible and you are not in a huge hurry, the new Quad Core offerings from both of these makers looks to be pretty strong. That would be the Onda 972 & Novo 9.

If 200 is tops, you might consider processors a bit more, staying with an RK3066 or OMAP tablet. Some options at Merimobiles are the Teclast A10 & the SmartQ Ten3.

The Ten3 is an excellent choice, a whole lot of tab for 219.00.

I wish you well.