Curtis KLU LT 5000 - touch needs calibration and tablet is locked by screen pattern

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
It's a "can't get there from here" problem. Because the touch is badly off, you can't do the pattern to unlock it or to enter a GMail password to disable that pattern screen. I would settle for resetting it completely as it has been lying around unused for a while due to this problem. It belongs to one of my kids. The LT 5000 is a 5" 2818 based 2.2 model. It was a decent iPod Touch wannabe until this happened. Any form of recovery is fine, even if it means losing everything on it. Right now, it might as well be bricked; in fact it is actually more frustrating than a bricked tablet. It boots and runs but because of the bad touch calibration it is impossible to get in. I have an SD card in it and alternative ways to write to it. I can connect via the USB cable and see the files. Any suggestions are welcome...

Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
running monologue continues...

I could be wrong, but if you look at the specs on pp 7-8 of the PDF referenced above, I think it is very similar to a some 7" tablets based on the 2818; a physically smaller screen but same resolution. So it might be similar enough under the covers to use info from one of those. One big difference is that it does not have a hardware switch for volume, and the reset on some of the others uses the hardware volume switch...