Custom ROM Suggestions

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Hi there,
Being I'm now out of warranty, I've been debating whether or not to root and throw a custom ROM on my A500.

Any suggestions on which ROM to use? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
scoobs

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi scoobs...I have been curious about this also, and at the risk of overwhelming you :), I thought you might want to glance through these links I've researched to get an idea what might be involved in doing this. All of these links are from the xda developer's website. Within the links, you can find lots of info about the various ROMS and how stable they are. Hope this helps.

This might help - especially the Glossary terms:

A500 Bootloader Flash Repo

These might help too:

xda-developers - General Search

Also:

[GUIDE]A500/501/G100W-Installing ICS V8 UNL-BL & CWM Or back to HC BL(24-6-2012) - xda-developers

The main section for A500:

Acer Iconia A500 - xda-developers

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Thanx. I spent some time on xda today too. This makes it easier to find the stuff again.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Thanx. I spent some time on xda today too. This makes it easier to find the stuff again.

You are welcome. In my post I meant to say that you probably already know about xda and might have already checked there. You strike me as a smart person who knows how to research... It all looks a little more than I want to tackle though, personally. I might root some day, but I think I'll let well enough alone and not mess with a custom ROM. But if you do, I would love to hear about your experience doing it.