Cyanogen Mod on the Kyros 8125?

byronarn

Jun 21, 2012
Is it possible to install Cyanogen Mod on the Coby Kyros MID8125 4GB? I went to their website, and they don't have an official port to the 8125, but I was wondering if anyone here knew a work around to get it installed? Thanks for any help! :)

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I don't have a 8125 tablet but I can try to port a cm9 for it. You will have to test it tho

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

byronarn

Jun 21, 2012
Give me the directions how to, and I will be glad to! (I just got this tablet yesterday, so I have no clue to flash anything to it yet...)

BTW, does anyone know how to root this tablet and install clockwork mod? I would assume both of these steps would be necessary to installing cyanogen mod, right?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You can use fastboot to install recovery, to root, one click works on this tablet I used to own this model, I built my own recovery for it though as CWM didn't work like I wanted it to.

DaNpPR

Jun 5, 2013
Give me the directions how to, and I will be glad to! (I just got this tablet yesterday, so I have no clue to flash anything to it yet...)

BTW, does anyone know how to root this tablet and install clockwork mod? I would assume both of these steps would be necessary to installing cyanogen mod, right?

icon14.gif
Sucessful ROOT + CWM

I Flashed the CWM Recovery on the mid8125 made for mid7125 and worked like a Charm!

Recovery

You can Download recovery here!

https:/ /drive.google.com /folderview?id=0B9qDvuiSXACpM2oyTXRCNmNxZFk&usp=sha ring

Copy Paste it

It Requieres a little knowledge on adb but it works
1. Enable Usb debugging on device
2.place the recovery.img in your android sdk platform tools folder.
3.On command, type: adb reboot bootloader (this will put your device on bootloader)
4. flash using command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. voila,CWM recovery on that darn MID8125.

Rooting

Download from here
Srs root

Link: http:/ /forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php ?t=2122682 (No Spaces)

Follow the instruction.

If you like what I DID well don't the minds behind the recovery and the srs software deserve all the credit.
Sorry for the linksI'a new USER to XDA and to be honest this is something that most needed to be shared