cyanogen mod

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
ROM manager does not work on the kyros.
When I tried using the utility it complained and didn't detect that I have ClockworkMod installed, which it is.

One thing I'm wondering is if other people have problems switching between ROM versions? Specifically when I flash from rooted 2.1 to CyanagenMod, I get major problems with the Android Market application. The Android Market that is included with CyanagenMod is very old and buggy, screens don't scroll and the graphics appear messed up also. Upgraded the Market to 2.2.6 which usually works. But if I flash back to 2.1 and then restore CyanagenMod, Market 2.2.6 crashes Forced Close on launch, no matter how many times I clear the cache and its data. I can uninstall and reinstall it all day and it still won't launch.

I finally was able to get it working again by doing a factory reset in ClockworkMod, which I believe formats the Data partition. But in doing so I have to push the softmac file down and of course lose all previously installed apps. After doing this Android Market 2.2.6 finally will open and run without any crashes.

I also screwed up Market 2.2.6 earlier when I ran a voice recorder app. I knew the mic input was messed up under CyanagenMod but was curious to see if it worked anyway. But in doing so the Market started acting up again doing the FC thing.

eruby

May 17, 2011
I've been trying to install cyanogen as a secondary rom for a few days now. I'm experienced with all of this but cannot get past the md5 mismatch error. I've downloaded the same files three times. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've got this problem now too. I can't seem to do anything. Normal boot gets me to the Coby screen and then nothing. Silver button boot gets me to ClockWorkMod recovery but I get the MD5 mismatch. I can't even turn the tablet off.
How did you fix the?