Dead Onda Vi40

nomiracle

Aug 6, 2012
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but I hope that somebody can spare a few minutes to help.

I recently bought an Onda Vi40 through Ebay uk which was new and unused. It was about two months old when I got it and I've had it a month, I've just returned from a caravan holiday where i was using it regularly but unfortunately the battery drained and I've been unable to turn it on since. I contacted the seller who bought it from gadgetfreakz.com and he told me the order number for the warranty which I then contacted the retailer with. They've replied and suggested using USB to try and charge it so as to eliminate charger problems which I tried to no avail and also tried different 5v mains chargers but still no luck. I'm currently still waiting for gadgetfreakz to get back to me but wondered if anyone had any suggestions or if anyone has had this problem themselves?

Any advice would be gratefully received as I'm desperate to use my tablet again!

Best regards;

Mark.:(

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi Mark

I bought mt Vi 40 off amazon, from a company in Leeds called seenitpriceit, they supplied a uk spec charger in addition to the us spec stock item, I believe they have a stock of these Items, hope this helps good luck.

macthecat

23tabs

Sep 12, 2012
This has happened to me three times now. It happened after flashing new firmware, via micro sd card, though I haven't worked out yet if that is the reason, or just coincidence. I can only get it to power up by booting into safe mode and doing a factory reset. Which is a pain, as it's back to Chinese settings, loads of Chinese apps, and poor wifi signal.

When the battery fully drains, it's just about dead. Whether it's left charging for minutes or hours, the most I can get on start up is about 2 seconds of the onda splash screen then it just cuts out. After a few attempts I can get it to boot into safe mode, then do a factory reset. Going through it again now...

stevoh

Jun 11, 2012
Sorry I cant help with original problem, but the last reply mentioned that tab went back to chinese apps etc after reset,
I have reset my vi40 to resolve wifi issue(didnt fix) now tab is stuck on chinese how do I get ot back to english???