Dead Vizio Tablet

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
The only things I did after rooting were Freezing the Vizio Update Service and installing an NTP client to keep correct time. I don't remember which program I used to freeze the update service but it was not Titanium Backup. BTW: I returned my vizio and will be getting a new one when I can find one in stock. (so much for patience!)

Brad

MikFinkel

Nov 29, 2011
What is the advantages of rooting?
I understand what it would do to my stock nookcolor but why would I want to root my Vizio?
Thanks

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
What is the advantages of rooting?
I understand what it would do to my stock nookcolor but why would I want to root my Vizio?
Thanks

- fix adhoc tethering
- fix sd card issue
- install Samba Filesharing
- install Titanium Backup

jamesgb

Nov 17, 2011
Dang... I froze the vizio update service on mine (not using titanium - some other program someone suggested in another thread). Now when rebooting all I get is the recovery menu. Anyone have any luck unfreezing the vizio update service so the tablet will boot again?

nb45cl

Nov 16, 2011
Same here. I did not use Titanium Backup Pro but used some other app that was in the market and supposedly allowed freezing. Now I get the update screen only. I found some other ROM's. But they fail the signature check.

I put in a trouble ticket with Vizio to see if they'll send the update.zip file. Why do they not have this available for download like most other manufacturers?