Decision on one of three tablets

skeetermac29

Apr 16, 2013
Hi everyone!

I am deciding between three different tablets; all 7 inch ones. I need some help deciding between the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Asus Memo Pad ME 172V-A1 16 GB and Lenovo A2107. The Galaxy is at $200, Asus $150 and Lenovo is $130.00. Any other suggestions will be heard as well.
[h=1][/h]I need to have a Micro SD Card slot as I will be travelling with the tablet and need an easy way to transfer and/or upload files from the card to tablet or internet.
Other than the photos; I will mainly be using this tablet for internet browsing. 3 or 4g capability is not necessary either. Games and Movies are of much lesser concern than efficient internet browsing, but could used slightly. Also; just need one camera for Skype and that is it. Reliability is key to me as well

Do you think I need the Galaxy for my purposes? Or will a less expensive tablet suit my needs? I have read some reviews, but wanted to get some feedback from this forum.

Thank you,

Scott

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hi everyone!

I am deciding between three different tablets; all 7 inch ones. I need some help deciding between the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Asus Memo Pad ME 172V-A1 16 GB and Lenovo A2107. The Galaxy is at $200, Asus $150 and Lenovo is $130.00. Any other suggestions will be heard as well.
I need to have a Micro SD Card slot as I will be travelling with the tablet and need an easy way to transfer and/or upload files from the card to tablet or internet.
Other than the photos; I will mainly be using this tablet for internet browsing. 3 or 4g capability is not necessary either. Games and Movies are of much lesser concern than efficient internet browsing, but could used slightly. Also; just need one camera for Skype and that is it. Reliability is key to me as well

Do you think I need the Galaxy for my purposes? Or will a less expensive tablet suit my needs? I have read some reviews, but wanted to get some feedback from this forum.

Thank you,

Scott
I normally don't give advice because as my daddy always said, "giving advice is a good way to make enemies". But here goes anyway.

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7' and am sure it is the best of the three, but it does have some warts. It doesn't have a USB port and requires a proprietary cable to charge it and transfer files to your PC. It also has a weird aspect. ratio (16:9.375) and the battery life is only mediocre.

I also have a Nexus 7 and am going to recommend it as your best bet. It has a larger and better screen with an aspect ratio of 8:5 and a much better battery life. It is great for surfing the web and as far as the photos usually is concerned you can buy an OTG cable and move your photos around using Nexus Media Importer app both of which can be had for less than $3 each and then. of course, there is always the old faithful: Dropbox.

I think you would be much happier with the Nexus 7 rather than of the three that you mentioned.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Scott.

In my humble opinion, I believe your above listed needs would be adequately filled by an Acer Iconia a110. I've had mine since last December and it's been a reliable and stalwart performer. During Boxing week, it was on sale for $150. It's current price seems to be around $180.

If your willing to wait a month or so, the HP Slate 7 tablet will be released on May 1, in the UK. It incorporates basically the same parameters as the a110, minus the micro HDMI out port. However, what is especially important to you, it easily prints pics to any printer through WiFi. Pricing will be about $170.

Cheers.
Ed