decisions decisions decisions.....

gordo6987

Jan 10, 2013
so after looking through the 'what should i buy thread' i noticed alot of people asking questions but not many answers so ive brought my question here, if a mod wants to move it go ahead.

what i need
-id prefer a 10 inch screen but i'll settle for 7
-i have to be able to use a sd card while it's mounted, I.E. i want to have the sd card in the tablet while im moving music and movies to it and i want to have the sd card in the tablet while listening to the music that is on the card in winamp, ill pretty much never remove the sd card (preferably a full size card)
-3g/4g would be a plus but id be willing to get a hotspot (this tablet will be mounted in my car)
-really don't want to spend more than 350 usd
-i am not opposed to the china brand tablets (i really like that they have ddr3 ram) but i don't know much about them, and from what i understand some don't have the google play store and id like to have that.
-iv'e also been told some of these tablets have a hard time taking a big sd card, i have about 50gb of music so it'll have to take a 64gb card or a 32gb card and have 32gb of internal memory
-i'd like the tablet to have 32gb of internal memory not necessary if it'll take a 64gb card
-does the samsung galaxy's sd card reader plug into the charging port? that would be a deal breaker for me because while it's in my car it would have to be charging
-web cam and camera would be cool to have
-i use google gps sometimes on my phone and would like to do it on my future tablet
-the audio output from the 3.5mm headphone jack has got to be good, i was interested in the thrive till i read about a few people complaining about that aspect of it

i think thats it.

thanks in advance

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. I normally stay out of these discussions but the ASUS Transformer TF300T fits the bill nicely. Comes with 32GB internal and has been used with 64GB external microSD cards with ease. Has good GPS and HDMI. BUT, it would be just a little over your budget unless you find a deal.

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Gordo6987. Seems like you want a lot from a tablet and you probably wont find one with all the features you're asking for. Perhaps you should do a bit of research on the net about the features and settle with the model that most suits you. Make a list and then compare that with what's to offer, there are many compromises you can make with adapters and such. You don't need to store the entire contents of your mp3 library and you have to consider leaving space for various apps etc. You will also not need to charge the device constantly so that the
USB port can be used for other purposes. Good luck with you choices!

gordo6987

Jan 10, 2013
leeshor - thanks im checking that out right now i found one on amazon for 356 usd

rowdyeh - hey yeay im still doing research, i'd like to find out more on the china tablets but they don't seem to be talked about too much over here, and i do need my whole collection, i'm somewhat of an audiophile, i carry my headphones and collection with me pretty much all the time so much so that the audio jack stopped working on my phone and while i do admit i get by with carrying only 14gb of my collection with me i often find myself searching for music that isn't on my phone, also i thought about swapping out the adaptor and charger but i dont think you realize how much i listen to music lol what happens when it needs to be charged and im still listening to music, go back to fm radio? i think not! ha, and i never use apps other than facebook, winamp, netflix, and google maps.

gordo6987

Jan 10, 2013
hey so with these china brand tablets, the ones that have 3g and 4g built in, could i get a data plan for them over here in the states? or if im looking at a china brand should i just get a hotspot and connect through it's wifi?

gordo6987

Jan 10, 2013
Has good GPS and HDMI. BUT, it would be just a little over your budget unless you find a deal.http://www.*************/25.jpg

? you didnt post a tablet, anywho i think im going with a china brand, on most of them they beat out the specs of any available in the u.s. for a 3rd of the price

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
? you didnt post a tablet, anywho i think im going with a china brand, on most of them they beat out the specs of any available in the u.s. for a 3rd of the price

Just so you'll know, you take your chances with the China tablets so do your research. Some end up with serious problems not the least of which could be no Play Store app and Chinese languages after resets.

Personally I wouldn't go with one that had 3G or 4G due to the hassles people run into if they didn't get it from a cell provider, and then there is the contract cost. But if you have time on your hands, go for it. ;)

gordo6987

Jan 10, 2013
are there any china brand websites where i can sort all their tablets with my needs? or do i really have to go through every single page and remember which ones i liked lol also what is the most trusted sites to buy a china brand tablet from?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
are there any china brand websites where i can sort all their tablets with my needs? or do i really have to go through every single page and remember which ones i liked lol also what is the most trusted sites to buy a china brand tablet from?

It's going to take some serious legwork on your part. Only the mainstream tablets get comparison reviews. But if you are compelled to get a China tablet check out the forum sponsors on the forum home page, most are China tablet vendors, At least if they are on the forum you are likely to get some support.