Desperately seeking help!

acourt

May 17, 2012
How's that for a title?!! However, I really do need your help. I'm a senior so not tech savvy and I just bought a MID M1006 Google 2.2 Android 10" 4GB 16:9. I'm managing somewhat o.k. but I can't figure out how I can get my photos from either a memory card or my camera on to the tablet (sorry if I'm using all the wrong names!). I really just want to use it for vacation trips, to access e-mails and view my pictures. I tried to figure out how to see my pictures but I'm having absolutely no success. HELP!!! And if you are able to help, could you give me step by step instructions please. Thank you so much.
:confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi acourt, congratulations on your new M1006 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get those pictures onto the tablet. Good luck!

acourt

May 17, 2012
How's that for a title?!! However, I really do need your help. I'm a senior so not tech savvy and I just bought a MID M1006 Google 2.2 Android 10" 4GB 16:9. I'm managing somewhat o.k. but I can't figure out how I can get my photos from either a memory card or my camera on to the tablet (sorry if I'm using all the wrong names!). I really just want to use it for vacation trips, to access e-mails and view my pictures. I tried to figure out how to see my pictures but I'm having absolutely no success. HELP!!! And if you are able to help, could you give me step by step instructions please. Thank you so much.
:confused:

Me again.:eek: I've tried almost everything. Using a memory card reader in the USB drive...didn't work. Connecting the camera directly to the USB drive...didn't work. I used the search feature here but couldn't find any information on uploading/downloading photos. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cuecatscratch

Nov 6, 2013
Be advised M1006S comes with 2.3 ish android os, lots of faulty drivers including camera, external mouse, keyboard. System is overloaded. Apps can't be removed without reflashing. Problem promotional apps wreak havoc. Touch keyboard, OS and online performance are squirly. The bad news: OS has to go overboard and any tablet is highly software-hardware customized. Remember DOS? At this exact moment Global Phoenix doesn't have fixed software posted for m1006 or m1006s. Politeness helps, but how long can we wait? Open questions: 1.Can USB flash be used to replace os? 2.What similar devices can be used for OS copy. 3. Android 4.0, 4.1 OK? 4.Why are software downloads zipped as unzipping often fails???!!!.....Software package is screwey and overdesigned and will get you kicked off the internet when you try to contribute.