Display problem: green band at bottom when tilted?

clarkchong

May 15, 2012
I just got my Zenithink C91 Upgrade. My wife and I were both really excited about it as it is our first tablet.
Problem started showing up on Day 2. A green band appear at the bottom of the screen while starting up ("Android" screen). We later noted that it may be related to tilting the tablet while starting, so we avoided doing it.
But now, the band seems to appear more often, and came in different colors (red, yellow...) And sometimes the whole screen turns to that color.

Have anyone had the same problem before? Do you know what is the cause of that and how can we solve that?
Thank you!!

suzook

May 16, 2012
Sounds like a loose connection to the screen which is a known issue with these models, However before you start panicing. Got mine 2 days ago and noticed a couple of green lines across the screen on the home page only. Ie didnt appear when playing videos or browsing app menus.

Seems it is an issue with the build and launcher used. I installed Apex launcher and went to settings, dev tools and enabled the force gpu and since then no green lines

clarkchong

May 15, 2012
Thanks Suzook for your quick reply! Mine happens during apps too, so it may actually be loose connection... Thanks for sharing your experience!!
How do we know if it is really a loose connection? Is it difficult to troubleshoot this problem? Thank you!

clarkchong

May 15, 2012
Thanks suzook again! The instruction seems a little bit scary - are you familiar with the risk associated with prying the tablet open? Was always worry that if I may lose something in the process :( No, I have not tried the ethernet connection yet, will try it tomorrow night and let you know~

clarkchong

May 15, 2012
sorry, I didn't get a chance to try and probably won't have the time to do so in the next few days... :(
In any case, here is another video showing how to fix the problem:

Last edited by a moderator:

manohar2626

Jul 17, 2012
Sounds like a loose connection to the screen which is a known issue with these models, However before you start panicing. Got mine 2 days ago and noticed a couple of green lines across the screen on the home page only. Ie didnt appear when playing videos or browsing app menus.

Seems it is an issue with the build and launcher used. I installed Apex launcher and went to settings, dev tools and enabled the force gpu and since then no green lines

Hi I got this tab 6 months ago and it has given me nothing but only problems......I got an issue with the touchscreen......touchscreen doesnt respond and but sometime starts operating by its own.....I tried calibrating it with usb mouse still no go. I upgraded it 4.0 from 2.3....still the same problem.....I tried calibrating the screen by pressing and holding the camera button still no go.....please help me.....