Dodge seller

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
A few weeks back I posted about a 7" tablet I bought from ebay not being as described, scratches all over the screen and not having the apps on it that were advertised in the sellers listing.
The listing said it was running Android 2.1, it wasn't, it was running 1.6.

Any way after countless emails sent via ebay and no reply to any of them, I contacted ebay and paypal, what a waste of time that was, all I got from them was I am sorry we are unable to help on this occasion.

The seller did say I could return it, which I did but didn't get a refund and have heard nothing from them.

So the only option left was to make a claim in the small claims court in an attempt to get my money back.
Papers were served on the seller on the 9th of this month and have until the 23rd to respond
So waiting to see what they do if anything.

Will see them in court at some point no doubt.

UPDATE UPDATE

Surprise surprise, Just had a full refund from the ebay seller this afternoon, including court fees, so result. They Have enclosed a letter with the refund. In it they claim they didn't get any of the correspondences I sent to them either via ebay or through the post, good job I kept all copies of the letters and emails to them . They also claim that they have spoken to paypal, and paypal had closed the dispute I opened because I hadn't responded, more bull. I opened a dispute but paypal closed it down saying It was out side there 45 day policy.

Anyway will pop the cheque in the bank and hope it clears ok, fingers crossed.

Thanks to every one who replyed to this and my other post regarding this matter. Hopefully I wont need to update this again.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for your replies guys.
Yes it was an ebay seller, had a business name but the payment showed up as private.

I went to paypal and ebay to make a claim against the seller but they didn't want to know.
Can't do anything through my bank as I paid for it using my debit card, you don't get the same protection as a credit card.

So it's off to court we go