Download Movies To Watch Offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterwave

Jul 24, 2012
Where can i buy movies online to watch offline?
The Play store wont let me buy off them as I am living in Ireland?
Please help bought this for €189 so as i could download movies for the kids on long journeys in the car!

D

dvdcatalyst

Where can i buy movies online to watch offline?
The Play store wont let me buy off them as I am living in Ireland?
Please help bought this for €189 so as i could download movies for the kids on long journeys in the car!

You can't.

Online stores that sell movies include DRM on them that prevents you from watching them on your tablet.

The best way is to just buy your movies in physical format, such as DVD, and convert them to the proper format for your tablet.

This guide on how to put movies on the Nexus 7 (just select your Acer model where it tells you to select Nexus 7) might help:

Ultimate Nexus 7 Video How To Guide | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4

Waterwave

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for your reply, but I was told by the guy in the shop that you could buy them in an Mp4 format online - is that not right?
I have been able to copy a few straight from my external hard-drive via the laptop - just literally drag and copy them.... so if i just buy in a physical format and copy them over too?

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks for your reply, but I was told by the guy in the shop that you could buy them in an Mp4 format online - is that not right?
I have been able to copy a few straight from my external hard-drive via the laptop - just literally drag and copy them.... so if i just buy in a physical format and copy them over too?

I'm not sure about sites in Ireland, but the movie studios do not like their movies to be sold in a digital file format unless there is some form of DRM on it. Stores like Amazon, iTunes, Google Video all have some form of DRM on their videos that prevents them from just being used without some form of activation system that ties the video file to someones name or device.

There are of course plenty of online locations that offer pirated movies in MP4 format, with many of them even going as far as selling them either per file or by subscription, making people believe the movie is not a pirated copy, but if you use those sites, regardless of if you pay for the video or not, its still a pirated copy. One instant give-away on those sites is that they offer movies that are still in theaters.

Waterwave

Jul 24, 2012
No i dont want to buy pirated.... so can I just buy regular dvd's put them on my laptop then copy them to the tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No i dont want to buy pirated.... so can I just buy regular dvd's put them on my laptop then copy them to the tablet?

Thee are several sites where you can download legal movies. Most of them are classics and the kids may even get an education. Here is a small list with hundreds of films.

500 Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns & More | Open Culture

Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series

Movies : Free Movies : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Watch and Download Free Movies

Some of the moves at these sites are quite good by may need to be downloaded from your PC using a downloader app then copied to your tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@ Lee

Nice sites, I've added emol.org and openculture.com to my thread. Thanks!

anthonyhaofmann

Dec 19, 2016
you can use showbox app if you have android device. also, it can be run on your windows PC. With this app you can stream online or download the movies or TV shows on your device for free (with subtitles).

Status
Not open for further replies.