Downloading Data to Flash Drive

Music

Feb 5, 2011
This is new...

My OTG setup suddenly stopped working! It worked fine a few days ago, but now it's DEAD. The only thing that happened since then is that I tried the Dr.Fone recovery thing. Could that mess up the USB access?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Since Dr Phone was not intended to work on Android it's possible that may have had something to do with it.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Dr.Fone, leeshor, not Dr Phone....

That's funny-

I've seen TV commercials, YouTube ads, etc., promoting Dr.Fone as a way to retrieve lost Android files, SMS, videos..

Anyway... If you're thinking of using Dr.Fone....

DON'T!!

there's no way to change font sizes....

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I got my USB to connect! :D

I discovered a second OTG cable in my spares box, and I tried it, and it worked! :cool: Apparently, I didn't throw out the bad one. :oops: This good one now has a P-touch label that says "GOOD OTG adapter."

So, instead of all the host controllers, reboots, etc., you could just have a bad OTG adapter. Beware of people selling OTG adapters on eBay? :rolleyes:

Is there a source of OTG adapter cables that you can trust? Unlike desktop PCs, you can't order parts & accessories from the manufacturer.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Higuys,

I got the OTG micro SD card adapter I mentioned in my previous post, and the thing works! So now, I just leave the micro SD card in the reader, and plug it in directly, and now I need one less cable to download those big memory files. :) No more floppy cables hanging down while you drive.

Now... If only the devs could read/write to the OTG device!

Last edited: