Downloading ePUB books to VIZIO Tablet

steampunknoob

Nov 22, 2011
Hello I just got a Vizio Tablet for a early birthday gift and I wanted to know how can I download EPUB books from my microSD card to my tablet? I tried to do it once but my books didn't come up it said "File can not be found"

Can anyone help me please?

shortstone

Nov 8, 2011
I've got an extensive library of prc and mobi ebooks separate from my Kindle library (which Amazon lets me download directly into the kindle file but which I don't like doing until I get my VTAB rooted and the sd card reassigned). So anyways, I put my whole private library into a file on the real sd card and use Astro file manager to copy and paste into the Kindle file on the internal storage, then delete when I don't want them there anymore. No big deal to take a couple extra steps so as not to clog the internal storage up and I really don't need hundreds of books to load in the Kindle menu and have to swipe through them. I'll probably keep them separate even after I root for that reason. Now, I don't know if you can do that with the epub and Nook files, but I wouldn't imagine the file system is all that different between the reading apps.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
the vizio tablet is not in itself a ebook reader. so the question would be: are you using the nook app or something else from the market?

also, when requesting assistance from other users, that give their advise/expertise because they want to, might want to cut back on the snarkiness just a tad....

When I get a reply like that one it is clear the person is smarter than me - so I have nothing to offer them and won't waste anymore of their time.

b33tl3

Nov 26, 2011
I read on my Vtab all the time. I use coolreader it has no problems reading epubs. I just grab them off my server. Give it a shot.

Hall.Ken95

Dec 7, 2011
I found the easiest way is using drop box. I had the same issue its stupid but by putting your email pub and pdf files in a drop box you can access them with reader you like I use moonreader.

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011
If you have a laptop or a computer it's easy to move books to storage there and visa versa. On a window machine look into "mobi reader" it's free. reads everything. I have about 800 books and burned them to a DVD for safe backup and the 800 books only used about 1/2 of a DVD... 2.68Gb...a single Layer DVD is 4.7Gb. I do file transfers right down the usb cable.... There is a acrobat app for reading .pdf files too. My Vtab has no problem with them either.
the micro usb to usb cable can be found on line for about $0.99. spend $1.99 and get a 6 foot one. It allows you to charge and use the Vtab while in the recliner with the wall wart plugged in behind the recliner. Likewise on line you can find $2 cigar lighter plugs, $4 FM transmitters for listening to music in the car.. making the VTAB really play can be done on the cheep. sell the GPS on craigs list...go VIZIO route.

zanybrainy

Dec 11, 2011
Use Calibre on your PC and set up the server. (There are nice buttons to get you started at the top). The server lets you download the books you want wirelessly. When you download a book use the choice menu to have your reader open the book and add it to its library.

I use FBRreader to read my books. But choose whatever reader you want.

Zany