Ebooks format

Petrosdroid

Jan 16, 2012
Hi, I have acquired a Telefunken tel7j 7" Tablet.
I would like to have suggestions as to which is the best format to download ebooks in order to be able to browse the book at will.
I have downloaded a couple of books in PDF format but I havefound that navigation backwards and forward to the various chapters is not possible in PDF.
Your assistance will be most appreciated.
Thanks
:confused:

Petrosdroid

Jan 16, 2012
By the way, is it more advisable to download Ebooks via the PC or directly throught the tablet?
Which route gives the best results ie: user friendliness etc ?
:(

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Most readers will use .epub. I will download both ways. I happen to like Feedbooks which has Creative Commons so the books are free. Each book will have a list of other books by the author. So you can download those. If you want a proprietary system like Kindle, I found that the app would only connect to Amazon. There are other vendors.

You would have to see what ereader you can use. A lot here like Aldiko, I like FBreader. There's also Moon, Coolreader and Laputa.

Petrosdroid

Jan 16, 2012
Help! how does one open books in hte .ePub format. Does one need a special programme in Windows??

Petrosdroid

Jan 16, 2012
Thank you weezyrider!
I have solved the format problem with Calibre an E-books management program.
However this program does not always 'see' the device and hence I cannot interact with the device...
I find the device VERY difficult and NOT very user friendly.
Are there other similar stories out there?