Eglide 7" MID....... just got it and looking for some info

SpinsCds

Oct 16, 2011
I bought my son the Eglide 7" MID and so far I haven't found to much info on the net about rooting it or anything else... Here's the specs on what it has stock..

Firmware= v2.21_00.11-MC_US@20110816
Android version= 2.2.1
Kernel version= 2.6.25_(V2.1__718DC(E8_R8)_D2_RHJ_A18@0817)
Build number= froyo1.00
MASTER.eng.root.20110323.164551

It came with a cd with the mid drivers and update img. It came with the android 2.2.1 already installed. If anyone wants or needs a copy of the cd it came with I'll be more than happy to make an iso of it and get it to you somehow. Anyway I was hoping someone could get me started in the right direction of stuff you can do to this thing. I would love to update it to 2.3 or something along those lines.

Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear from someone.. anyone soon !

Spins

MattCFII

Oct 15, 2011
I bought my son the Eglide 7" MID and so far I haven't found to much info on the net about rooting it or anything else... Here's the specs on what it has stock..

Android version= 2.2.1
Build number= froyo1.00

It came with a cd with the mid drivers and update img. It came with the android 2.2.1 already installed. If anyone wants or needs a copy of the cd it came with I'll be more than happy to make an iso of it and get it to you somehow. Anyway I was hoping someone could get me started in the right direction of stuff you can do to this thing. I would love to update it to 2.3 or something along those lines.

Spins

Are you sure the CD has a 2.2 image on it? I had read that was just your original firmware that was 2.1 but if it came from the factory with 2.2, maybe they update the CD too.

I'd love to get an official 2.2 update. I've heard that the apad710_froyo_v3.img works to upgrade to 2.2 as well but I don't want to loose the full market capability. My Flytouch 3 has a limited market and it is killing me right now with some things.

ETA:
On my CD the update.img file is dated 1/19/11, but I haven't updated with it to see what build it is.

Last edited:

SpinsCds

Oct 16, 2011
Are you sure the CD has a 2.2 image on it? I had read that was just your original firmware that was 2.1 but if it came from the factory with 2.2, maybe they update the CD too.

I'd love to get an official 2.2 update. I've heard that the apad710_froyo_v3.img works to upgrade to 2.2 as well but I don't want to loose the full market capability. My Flytouch 3 has a limited market and it is killing me right now with some things.

ETA:
On my CD the update.img file is dated 1/19/11, but I haven't updated with it to see what build it is.

I have used the cd and it is update 2.2. If you would like a copy of the cd that came with my mid its not a problem I have made an iso and rar'd it... Just have to figure out a way to get it to you... its about 112 mb's for the file... or maybe I can just get you the update.img but its 108 mb's before rar... Let me know I will check back in here..

Spins

minixar

Dec 18, 2011
Hi SpinsCds! i have the same tablet you discribe, only that in Argentina it's sold as "Titan MID PC7001". Did you figure it out how to root it or how ot update it to 2.3?
thanks

SpinsCds

Oct 16, 2011
Hi SpinsCds! i have the same tablet you discribe, only that in Argentina it's sold as "Titan MID PC7001". Did you figure it out how to root it or how ot update it to 2.3?
thanks

No Sorry I havent figured that out. Best i can do for now is 2.2...

Spins

vraco

Jan 3, 2012
Hello!
I have the same tablet, i like to get the update, if is possible. Can you send me , please?

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2012

Android version= 2.2.1
Build number= froyo1.00

Spins

Hi, I need a copy of the cd rom. I tried to dowload the ones at the bottom of this conversation but am having difficulty finding a program that will allow me to view the files without burning them onto a disk. Please help if you can.
thanks