Emulator question

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
OK... so, I've searched through enough threads to know that high quality emulation is possible. But I couldn't find answers to these questions.

1. What is the best system we can emulate? N64? PS2? Or just SNES?

2. What app are you personally using to emulate, which system, and do you use plug in USB controllers that you yourself have tested on the Acer specifically?.

Finally, 3. Is performance through emulation equal to FPS from the system being emulate?

Thanks. This whole emulation thing is intriguing

HD87

May 14, 2011
So far Ive only found SNES emulators for the Android OS. Snesdroid seems to work & look better then snes9x. I transfered all my roms from the PC to the Tab. ALL THE BEST GAMES! I hear there are acouple of both bluetooth & wireless controllers that are compatible with the Android OS. I believe you can use the Wiimote to control the snesdroid but have not tested it myself. Asfar as emulators for the N64 & PS2, its possible but I guess no devs have been interested enough to successfully make one! im sure those games would look great on the tab!

themagicm

May 22, 2011
I emulate a Commodore Amiga with UAE4DROID and the Commodore 64 with Frodo. both work great and will be more fun if USB joysticks are supported.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
I would play the SNES emulator more if I could use a controller. I can't play half the games I like because tapping the L and R shoulder buttons on screen is so hard. I know that once the new OS, Ice Cream Sandwich, comes out we can use USB controllers, but does anyone know how to get a blue tooth controller like the before mentioned Wiimote to work with Honeycomb?

Thanks guys.

HD87

May 14, 2011
N64oid is awesome! playn Zelda: Ocarina of Time & it looks great.
I have bout 2.3 Gigs worth of n64 ROMS I can upload now.. :D
whats the name for the ps1 emulator?

Last edited:

acsere

May 4, 2011
Yes, N64oid is a great emu. I don't think its in the market any longer though. Have to find it online. And if you prefer controllers for you emus, there are a few apps that will enable the use a a wiimote and nunchuck thru BT to use with the emus. I'm pretty sure all of Yonghz emus are compatible and are by far the best ones out there.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

acsere

May 4, 2011
Anyone know how the Dev is doing on that Dreamcast emulator (nullDC)? Haven't seen any new news on it in months.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

May 10, 2011
for the ps1 emulator, I would go with FPSe, I think there's another one, but most people seem to think this one is better.

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Thanks everyone! I find snes9x to be great! Still looking for n64oid... I'm hoping honeycomb 3.1 will allow USB gamepads but I'm not holding my breath.

May 10, 2011
Go on the slideme app store, he moved all his emulators there since google took them down, and its a stated FACT that 3.1 supports USB gamepads, so I dont understand what the whole "I'm not holding my breath" comment was about.

May 10, 2011
From what I've seen, they already do

I dunno about all of the emulators though

Last edited by a moderator: