Enabled Wireless Display will not connect to WiFi - Ellipsis 7

8cats

Dec 2, 2015
Hi,

I have had my Ellipsis 7 tablet for almost 2 years, but I recently purchased a Sony Smart TV with a screen casting app. The casting app on the TV works great, but having a Wifi problem with the tablet.

It seems that every time I enable the Ellipsis Wireless Display, I loose connection with the Wi-fi signal, even though the tablet is showing it is a good signal. Sure enough, I disable the Wireless Display and all the apps open fine.

My Droid Maxx has the same Wireless Display capability and when I enable it, the Wifi works and all apps open fine.

I searched for a system update for the Ellipsis, but it is up to date, vs. 4.4. My Droid Maxx is also 4.4.

For now I use my phone to cast, but it really bugs me that my table is having this problem. It should work. If anyone knows why this is happening, I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

8cats

Dec 2, 2015

This is not the issue I am having. My tablet DOES do casting. I can see my screen on the TV. I The apps open, but cannot see content, Freezes, hangs, blue circle spinning. Apps work fine when the Wireless Display is disabled. Why would I need a Dongle? My phone has the SAME technology and I can do casting with it and the apps do not freeze. I think it is a setting or a defect in the Tablet.

Last edited:

8cats

Dec 2, 2015
This is not the issue I am having. My tablet DOES do casting. I can see my screen on the TV. I can look at pictures, etc from my tablet on the TV. The wifi won't work on the Tablet when the Wireless Display is enabled, therefore, I cannot open any apps, such as Facebook, video apps, etc. Why would I need a Dongle? My phone has the SAME technology and I can do casting with it and the Wifi does not turn off. I think it is a wrong setting or a defect in the Tablet.

In addition, I am not using an HDMI cable because the Tablet does not have an HDMI port as all new devices no longer have them. Not sure why someone put this post as an answer.

Last edited: