Excite T305 Backlight bleed issue?

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Backlight bleed seems to be the #1 complaint with this tablet, both in reviews and where I've been able to read some user experiences.

(I have one on the way and can't help but be a little worried.)

I'll be sharing my views when mine arrives.
Please share your experiences with the display on the Excite T305.

Silver1

Aug 4, 2012
minimum amount of bleed on mine (one week of usage). I checked this tablet at 2 best buy stores and didn't see much there either.

I stream a lot from concerts and movies but this has not been an issue for me, it is there, but certainly not a showstopper, nor even close to one.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I am going to be getting a Excite 10 AT305-T32 in about a month.
I was going to get me a Lenovo A2109 but have changed my mind because of me being able to get me a 32gb SSD and it being a little over a inch bigger screen.
At first I to was worried about the bleed issue until I read the above post and did some of my own research and found most saying the most problems are when you are running a BLACK type image.
I noticed I have bleed issues on my cell phone when on a Black image, as well as on my upper end Dell Inspiron at times.
Mainly when in certain gaming screens when they are for the most part awful dark.

And I wouldn't call it any problem whatsoever, It is to some extent simply because they are backlit displays.
And most tech items don't give you the option of turning on/off your back light although I have seen some.
I've also found if you adjust your display brightness and not let it do it automatically that to can help.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Greetings; It's not a problem with mine, It's similar to the bleed on my Asus Transformer. I mean, how often do we watch a black screen on our tablets???? Regards

I agree although I opted not to buy an AT305.
Instead I bought a Lennovo IdeaTab A2109A, The bleed issue wasn't why.
I think the AT305 is a good tablet, It's just in my eyes and comparing Apples to Oranges the A2109A was a better deal, the only thing it had was a flash for it's Rear Camera. And minus 1" of screen.
With the $175 price differnce to me it was a No Brainer. :)

The main thing that the AT305 that really made me look at it was the usable Full Time Usb port, Were the A2109A charges through a Mini Usb which you can also use if you want to but you have to take it off of AC power.

But then again the newer model of the AT305 has went the same route, like most others have it would just be nice if the gave you 2- Mini Usb Ports incase you wanted to hook a Usb Keyboard to it.
Since many different models and makes of Android Tablets leave a lot to be desired in Bluetooth Keyboard Preformance, and the A2109A is no exception.

That being said I agree with you how often do you really use a Black Screen anyways?
Unless you have a mostly Black Wallpaper.

I have light bleed on a black screen on my cell phone it's not really that big a deal.
I've been told by a Tech Friend of mine that all has to do usually with the placement of the LCD/Led Back lighting placement on the device and not a defect per say in the product itself.

If it was a defect I've been told it would show up on all the screens in varying degrees not just the black ones.