External battery pack

N56

Dec 15, 2010
I have a 12hour coach journey on wednesday and want to take my tablet with me however battery life is very poor and watching videos my Ideos only lasts the 1 hour 30 mark, ive been trying to find a external battery for the device but have no idea which tip will work the 2 ive been looking at are:
TeckNet Dual-Port iEP380 5000mAh Universal USB Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Veho VCC-A007-PBP Pebble 5000mAH Portable Battery Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Do any of these have the right tip for the ideos?
i am in need of a uk solution from amazon because i have amazon prime which allows me next day delivery for free lol thanks for any help!

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-ultra-pack-Incredible-Blackberry/dp/B003Y58CVC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1295867434&sr=8-10
or this one.

Last edited:

LDW

Dec 12, 2010
Huawei doesn't charge through the USB port yet . Huawei said some were (cannot recall) that there going to try fix this problem , but what i know until someone proves me wrong that the Huawei S7 doesn't charge through *USB

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have a 12hour coach journey on wednesday and want to take my tablet with me however battery life is very poor and watching videos my Ideos only lasts the 1 hour 30 mark, ive been trying to find a external battery for the device but have no idea which tip will work the 2 ive been looking at are:
TeckNet Dual-Port iEP380 5000mAh Universal USB Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Veho VCC-A007-PBP Pebble 5000mAH Portable Battery Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Do any of these have the right tip for the ideos?
i am in need of a uk solution from amazon because i have amazon prime which allows me next day delivery for free lol thanks for any help!

EDIT:
New Trent ultra-pack IMP50B 5000mAh Universal USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
or this one.

It's hard to tell for sure, but none of those packs describe the proper tip (3.2mm round, positive tip) for the Huawei. Though all three packs look like they can marginally do the job (output current rating 750mA or less) - try get the one with at least a 1000mA output current rating (not to be confused with Capacity which is meaured in mA-Hrs - e.g. these 5000 mA-Hr packs would last ~5 hours if they could supply 1000mA continuously). I use an Energizer XPAL XP4101 pack with 1000mA output but had to order the correct tip for the S7 from Energizer (free + shipping ~5 days) so that may not arrive on time plus I didn't see the XP4101 listed (only the XP600 - too small, and XP18000 - much more than you need and expensive). For the ones on Amazon, see if you can check the manufacturer's website direct to see if they offer other tips. As an alternative, you could find a LiIon battery pack with a built in inverter so that you can just use the stock S7 AC mains adapter. Those can be found for about $40 - 50 US. You need to get one that will work with your UK AC standard plug (i.e., a US version won't work with your UK mains AC adaptor). A search on the latter turned up nothing at Amazon UK. In the US it looks like this Amazon.com: Energizer Portable Power Outlet - ER-FLY: Electronics. Look around on these threads for UK users who have found something that works. Good luck.

Last edited:

LDW

Dec 12, 2010
Quick note you only get 1Hour and 30 mins of play time ? maybe when you turn your Huawei S7 turn all other running apps off,& set brightness lower to about 50% and turn of BlueTooth,Wireless and phone capabiltys . i notmaly get about 3-4 hours of video play back . Transfering your videos to MP4 also helps on increasing your play time (it's what i do with my Series for more space and battery saving)

N56

Dec 15, 2010
Quick note you only get 1Hour and 30 mins of play time ? maybe when you turn your Huawei S7 turn all other running apps off,& set brightness lower to about 50% and turn of BlueTooth,Wireless and phone capabiltys . i notmaly get about 3-4 hours of video play back . Transfering your videos to MP4 also helps on increasing your play time (it's what i do with my Series for more space and battery saving)

i dont convert my videos which could reduce battery time i suppose worth a try.

is there a specific name i can try to describe the ideos charger or is there anything that uses the same which might be more popular?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Any with the correct plug and specs for your device, could make your own also.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm currently in the UK and using the Xpal XP18000 which was on Ebay for £89. It most definitely its a fantastic piece of kit. Lasts all day. Actually I haven't run it down yet!
Energizer will supply the correct tip, but, it doesn't come with any of their packs as standard.
I have tried to get the correct tip from other chargers, but, the only one I know of is the older motorola round tip. You can find the car charger, remove the cable from inside the unit and attach a USB plug which its what I did. You then can charge from all USB ports that can supply the required current.
The chargers for some Magelan GPS devices have the correct tip, but, that's an expensive way of getting just the tip.
Other than that I haven't been able to track down any other source of the tip in the UK.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
BTW the stock US wall charger works in the UK no problem. Nearly all AC chargers are multi voltage (110/240) nowadays.

apple007

Mar 19, 2011
Here i have a external battery pack with the capacity of 5000mA as the picture:
$SR-111 for all.jpg,
it can charge for all kinds of mobile phones,iPhone 3G/3GS/4,iPad,ipad 2,Blackberry,PSP,NDSi,GPS,MP3/MP4 Player etc devices when you will be going out for business trip,travelling,climbing,camping etc.

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Here i have a external battery pack with the capacity of 5000mA as the picture:
View attachment 1693,
it can charge for all kinds of mobile phones,iPhone 3G/3GS/4,iPad,ipad 2,Blackberry,PSP,NDSi,GPS,MP3/MP4 Player etc devices when you will be going out for business trip,travelling,climbing,camping etc.

Capacity (e.g., 5000 mA-Hrs) only tells half the story. That is a good capacity (especially compared to the Huawei's stock battery capacity of 2200 mA-Hrs), but to ensure the S7 can get sufficient charge/running current from the external battery, the external battery must also be able to source at least 1000 mA (i.e., 1 A) of current continuously (at the proper voltage of course also - which in this case is 5 VDC). Most "USB" battery packs will put out 5VDC voltage but default to 500mA our less of output current. What is the rated output current of the above battery pack?