External SD Card Music Files

Jun 16, 2012
First time posting. I now own the Galaxy Player 4.2 and I am having an issue I see a lot of people having: How to play music from external sd card once you have placed files in there? It seems to be obvious that the stock player can't do it. So I tried Google's Play Music, but couldn't get the offline selections to cache anywhere but internal memory. I tried to download winamp and proplayer and there still seemed to be no solution there.
Does anyone know of an music player application (paid or not) that allows you to specify where the player will get music from?
Lastly, there needs to be a site dedicated to the Galaxy Player as there is not much as for instruction on use. I have had to rely on other Galaxy product forums.

qc7898

Jun 17, 2012
I use Poweramp. Aside from being able to access the sd card, it also handles many different file formats and has features I like, such as search by genre and a sleep setting. I would recommend it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You might be happy with JetAudio as well. It recognizes ext media and even finds much of the music automatically.

Jun 20, 2012
First time posting. I now own the Galaxy Player 4.2 and I am having an issue I see a lot of people having: How to play music from external sd card once you have placed files in there? It seems to be obvious that the stock player can't do it. So I tried Google's Play Music, but couldn't get the offline selections to cache anywhere but internal memory. I tried to download winamp and proplayer and there still seemed to be no solution there.
Does anyone know of an music player application (paid or not) that allows you to specify where the player will get music from?
Lastly, there needs to be a site dedicated to the Galaxy Player as there is not much as for instruction on use. I have had to rely on other Galaxy product forums.

Thats pretty weird.
I haven't had any problems with the stock music player finding my music on the sdcard. :confused:
I put it in, turned it on, went into music...everything was there.
Also used "Mixzing" without any issues.

Jun 16, 2012
I am going to check out the two apps you all recommended. Need to see if they sync with itunes, because making my playlists again would suck.

antonylewar

Mar 12, 2012
Install the app called 'Meridian Media Player Revolute'. With this app you can play the music files on your sd card.

Last edited:

Piffy

Mar 30, 2013
I'm here for the same reason. Just bought a Galaxy Player 4.2 and bought 32GB memory card with it. However I can't access the music on the drive using the installed player, PowerAmp or now Meridian Media Player Revolute (just tried it on the basis of this thread). When I use Meridian I can see the SD card but when I click it I get the message 'access denied' which I guess may be some part of the problem?

I'm new to android devices though my husband uses nexus devices.

Would appreciate any guidance please.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm here for the same reason. Just bought a Galaxy Player 4.2 and bought 32GB memory card with it. However I can't access the music on the drive using the installed player, PowerAmp or now Meridian Media Player Revolute (just tried it on the basis of this thread). When I use Meridian I can see the SD card but when I click it I get the message 'access denied' which I guess may be some part of the problem?

I'm new to android devices though my husband uses nexus devices.

Would appreciate any guidance please.

Welcome to the forum
It's possible the SD card is not 100%. (my work on some systems and not others). Try formatting again using FAT32.