External Speakers for Archos 70 IT 250GB

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Does anyone have external speakers for a tablet?

I'm looking for speakers that will give high quality sound with my Archos 70 IT 250GB. I don't need speakers that will blast really loud, but I do want good quality sound with some volume.

I'd like to have speakers that I can carry with me in my backpack, that will somehow close safely, so as not to ruin the speakers.

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
i just did a little search and i think a good question to find the answer to is if the A70 can power speakers through its mini usb port. Some speakers will play through that or the 3.5mm jack. I have had a couple of speakers for other devices that were powered off of the 3.5mm headphone jack and they sucked. There may be decent ones out there but it could be more trial and error than anything else

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have a pair of Sony Portable Speakers which I use with my 101/16. These are self powered and work fine. I do not think the output for almost any tablet can push the watts to power external speakers with any volume. They are SRS M50 if I remember right they cost about $20-25USD
These use the 3.5 jack. I am sure there are some which use the USB port which would be higher quality if they are SPDIF emulation type. But the key point is they would need to be self powered.