Factory Reset Brings Up Chinese Origins

dymgarcia

Aug 30, 2017
I reset my Ampe tablet to factory conditions thinking I could work with it only to find out everything is now in Chinese and don't know what to do. Can anybody help Me. Thank You.
David

Your email address was removed from your post. You don't need spambots harvesting it, and email replies kind of violate the spirit of a forum like this, as no one else would be able to benefit from the information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The problem with Chinese tablets is they default to the Chinese language. Not so much of an issue if you're Chinese, but if Chinese isn't a language you speak it can be annoying. Open the app drawer, tap on the icon that looks like a gear (Settings), scroll down to the bottom of the list, then count up six lines. That should be the Language settings.

Once in Language settings, you should simply be able to scroll down until you see English.

dymgarcia

Aug 30, 2017
I've tried You advice over 20 times and can't find it 'cause it's all Chinese to Me
Is there a way to reinstall the operating system with an English version?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Not if out of the box it came with Chinese.

Post pics of what you're seeing, as I'm flying blind here.

Pakrayon

Sep 25, 2017
If the OP could post some screenshots(or pictures taken with another device) on Settings, people might help to translate.