Factory reset

tigor.nsk

Mar 16, 2013
Hi there. Does anyone knows what is exactly the combination of buttons to press to enter into the service menu to make a hard reset/factory reset? I tried different well knows combination (like power+vol down, power+vol up, power+vol down+vol up, etc.), nothing worked :(. The device does not have separate vol up and vol down keys, maybe it's the reason. Any help and advice is needed.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. You didn't say if you can actually get into Android to begin with. If it's not a situation where it has crashed you can do a factory reset by going to the settings menu backup reset and follow the instructions.

tigor.nsk

Mar 16, 2013
Welcome to the forum. You didn't say if you can actually get into Android to begin with. If it's not a situation where it has crashed you can do a factory reset by going to the settings menu backup reset and follow the instructions.
That's the point - I cannot get into Android. It stuck at boot. As I understand I could use specific buttons combination to get into recovery mode and do factory reset there. So my question what is this 'secret' combination? I tried everything I know but nothing worked.

Have you tried to get into recovery mode?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can easily do that on my tablet but my tablet isn't your tablet. The things you tried are what I would have suggested but make certain you do it from a powered off state. Use the power button first, hold both down until something happens. Best I have.

tigor.nsk

Mar 16, 2013
I can easily do that on my tablet but my tablet isn't your tablet. The things you tried are what I would have suggested but make certain you do it from a powered off state. Use the power button first, hold both down until something happens. Best I have.

Could please specify exactly step by step how do you get into the recovery mode? Something like push and hold power off for X sec, then push YYY for Z sec... I may suspect I didn't push needed buttons in needed sequesnce. Video would be perfect :)

Here is what I see on my tablet when it starts from power off state:

- push and hold power off button for about 5 sec. If I just push shortly on power off nothing happens, the table continues to be off
- small picture with bluish android appears, after that
- larger picture with green android appears with 3 chinise letters nearby. This state continues relatevly long and after that
- the word android apears and each letter is changing it's brightnes in turn

In usual case after the last state the android starts. In my case currently it loops at the word adroid. Do you have the same boot sequence?

Do you know any other ways to hard reset the device? Will battery disconection help? I hear it's possible to flash a new firmware using external sd-card but a firmware is needed. I don't know where to get it :( Any ideas where to get it?

But firstly I would like to get the recovery mode :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Let me try. power off. Hold the vol + button then ALSO the power button. At some point, it may display some white text upper left, release both buttons. If nothing happens use vol - instead. Depending on the version of Android you may or may see something like wipe data. Report if you get to that point.

tigor.nsk

Mar 16, 2013
didn't work :(. I tried to push (and hold) all possible combination but without success. I always see the same pictures sequence as I described above. Either there should be unusual key combination or... Is it possible the tablet has no recovery at all!?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
From your description it sounds like when you try that you only get one icon on the screen during the boot process, if that's correct, you're right there must be some secret handshake required and I have no idea what that is, sorry.