first-time tablet owner w/ n00b questions. please help.

10yearsgone

Mar 10, 2012
Hi, everyone.

I really hope this isn't one of those posts that makes people roll their eyes and think, "Not this again!" I promise that I searched and didn't find anything relevant. I bought my first tablet - SayCool A710 - a couple of days ago. I'm happy with my purchase so far, but there are a couple of things I'm completely clueless about and Google has failed me so far.

The tablet supports Micro SD card up to 32GB, so I went ahead and purchased said 32 GB, but the storage settings indicate only 157 mb space (both total and available) on the card. Why? How do I fix this?

I wanted to transfer files from my laptop to the tablet. I found plenty of info regarding how to do so, but after I transfer the file, I cannot find them on the device. Furthermore, the list of files I see on my laptop when the device is connected don't seem to match what I see in the tablet's file manager when I disconnect, though I'm supposedly in the same folder.

Am I missing something really basic about all this?

EDIT: Hoo boy! Was I ever missing something basic. Solution: Power device off. Connect to laptop. Power device back on. Problem solved!

Last edited:

ShakeyJake

Mar 3, 2012
Pleased you managed to get the data sorted. As for the sd card, where did you get it from? I There are plenty of fakes around sadly.