Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1- Works on my MID7015

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
This method worked on my Kyros MID7015 and have seen on several forums it will work on the MID7005 as well. I don't have one, so if any 7005 users decide to try it out and get it working please confirm here. Thanks.

This information should not be credited to me it came from here. I just found it, tried it out on my device and definitely thought I should share!

You MUST have your device rooted and MUST have access to the Google Marketplace in order to do this.

How to install flash on 2.1

1. Download Flash_for_211.zip from here and save it on your computer or laptop.

2. Find "Apps Installer" utility in the Google Marketplace and install it (Very useful app- It allows you to install programs in varying file formats from the root of your SD card).

3. Connect the Kyros to your PC/Laptop and transfer the flash.zip file to the root of your microSD card (Make sure its on the root of the card and not in a special directory).

4. Launch "Apps Installer". The application will show you all available apps (apk/zip) stored on the root of your SD card. Simply select the flash.zip file and follow all on-screen prompts to install flash.

5. Once installation is completed, reboot the Kyros and Wallah! Flash 10.1 on Android 2.1!

So far I have not had any luck running flash videos in a browser (skyfire etc) however flash websites and content works just fine.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Seems to be running fine. The only thing I noticed is that some of the more visual flash sites are a bit sluggish when loading.
There have also been a few advertisements and random content sections that never showed up for whatever reason. Looks like a blank space when it happens.

Otherwise it works great.

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
What flash sites are you browsing? I installed the flash 10.1 for 2.1 but didn't notice it made a difference. Gimme an example of one of those flash sites I'll try it out.

HWJ

Dec 30, 2010
Just tried to do this on my MID7015 and it doesn't appear to work. I've followed the instructions for rooting on page 12 of your link. I've got Google Marketplace and Adobe Flash appeared to install but I still get that blue lego brick in the browser and it indicates that flash is out of date.

Probstc

Jan 3, 2011
I tried the steps posted by BKenny (and others) several times, with the same result: Very limited use of Flash by the Kyros, and none if trying to access it via a Web browser (all indicate that I must upgrade my Adobe Flash or give me a blue cube). While not a deal breaker for a $150 table (I still think it is an awesome machine at that price!), I was diappointed that I failed in getting a fully Flash enabled machine, but I hope that soon there might be an upgrade to Android 2.2, which will present more possibilities. The best thing that came out of my research to get Flash working, was that I learned how to root my device, perform a full backup and install Android Market!

davez

Jan 4, 2011
file: flash_for_211.zip is not flash 10.1, its a older version

file flash_for_211.zip was Modified on 6/18/2010

this does not work, people please dont wast your time with this
if we bug the coby people to upgrade to a2.2 then we will get flash10.1

CALL Toll-free: 800-727-3592 (8:30AM to 9:00PM on weekdays, 9:00AM to 5:30PM on weekends)
THIS IS THE TOLL FREE # TO COBY USA - CALL THEM AND REQUEST os 2.2 FOR YOUR TABLET

Last edited:

tgtpye

Jun 11, 2011
I have tried the above steps but I haven't gotten any results either. I would like to reroot my tablet, but I am unsure how to do it. If you reroot the tablet can Android 2.2 be routed from your phone to update the tablet's OS? I would also like to install Android Market on my tablet but when I log in the only device that shows up is my HTC EVO phone. I am very disappointed with this purchase and I have written to Coby saying so, I would have not bought it if I knew it couldn't have been easily upgraded. I am thinking of buying another more expensive tablet that has Android 3.1 on it already. The alternative is to continue to reroot the tablet or wait for an update.