Flashing Android/Windows CE Firmware to Zenithink ZT-180

docere

Oct 1, 2010
How to flash zenithink 180 firmware see my you tube
download the USB burn tool 7.2 http://www.dbank.com/download?f=c0dz2xf1qe&i=2836921&h=1285946464&v=3ffb3732 Note XP 32bit will not work on any 64 bit. may work on 32 bit vista
Newest release , please note, 576 and 600. models built before Aug 15 will have old touch screen and use 576. Please also note Google market place is added in the new firmware.
0929_1024x576 http://www.dbank.com/download?f=c0vwqytbe8&i=10998004&h=1285946584&v=dc6e248a
0929_1024x600 http://www.dbank.com/download?f=c0vwqytbe8&i=10998275&h=1285946584&v=76040a83

here are the basic default apps for android http://www.dbank.com/download?f=c003ee60wl&i=2604627&h=1285946950&v=cbc97c4f

for the Windows CE firmware use this 0714_1.46_EN http://www.dbank.com/download?f=c003f05esk&i=2885896&h=1285946859&v=9b3f4a3f note english version

Last edited by a moderator:

RavatTrading

Sep 24, 2010
This tutorial is a bit clearer:

Here is a tutorial on how to upgrade your ZT-180 to the latest 0827 firmware.:

Before you start please ensure you are using a Windows 32 bit system (If you are not sure, watch the YouTube video).

Step 1) Download the 0827 Zenithink ZT-180 firmware located here: ZT-180_0827fw.rar

Step 2) With the tablet turned off, connect it to your computer using the OTG (mini) USB port.

Step 3) Turn on the tablet by holding down the Menu button (circular button on front face) and then pressing the Power button (located on the top of tablet when holding horizontally). Your commputer will indicate that it has found new hardware. Locate the driver for the ZT-180 which is located in the “USB Drivers” folder within the .rar image which you downloaded in Step 1 above. Install the USB device using the driver located in the USB drivers folder (if you do not know how to to do this please watch the YouTube video above).

Step 4) Once the drivers are correctly installed, open “burntool_v.07.2.exe” (located in the .rar file from Step 1 above). If the device has connected properly you should see a green rectangle in the top left as indicated in the picture below

Step 5) Click on settings and you will be prompted to enter the location of the various image files which are contained in the .rar file from Step 1 above. In the boxes outline, browse to and select the various image files. When done, click on “Save” which is going to the question mark button on the left (in the center at the bottom).

Step 6) Click “Start” in the top left and your tablet will begin to flash with the new firmware. You will see the status bar load to 100% four times (takes a few minutes). Once the process is complete, in the status bar at the bottom it should say “UpdatePipeState: 0×600000f 6″

Step 7) Turn off your tablet by holding the Power button down for 10 seconds and then releasing it. Press the power button again to power up the tablet. Your firmware upgrade is complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdavage

Aug 5, 2010
I have tried these instructions will not flash the second video says it will only work with a 32 bit file system, all my computers show NTFS does that make a difference. Help!!

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
I have tried these instructions will not flash the second video says it will only work with a 32 bit file system, all my computers show NTFS does that make a difference. Help!!

that should not make a difference. i know that i had trouble when i was using a upgraded windows 7 32-bit to upload the usb drivers and got the blue screen of death when i used a windows xp service pack 2 box i was able to flash the zt-180 without any issues

kartook

Jan 22, 2011
Hi

recently i bought below device with below configurations .I want tp upgrade my Uprating system Google Android 2.2 .I spend lot of on the net to find the way for this firmware . i learned how to flsh and all .But , unfortunately i am not able to find the firmware file .Kindly support really appreciated your time and support .

10" GPS Google Android 2.1 HDMI WiFi Tablet aPad 1GHz

Brand : Zenithink ZT-180
Processor Speed : 1,000 MHz
Processor : ARMv6 , 1GHz (1024MHz)
Memory (RAM) : 256 MB
Operating System : Google Android 2.1 update1
ROM : LC NAND 2GB. Dual MicroSD memory card slot

More info as screen shot

$myapad.JPG

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cultofone

May 28, 2011
Hi I have one of these and yhis is the process I went through, I hope it works, if it does drop me a line on [email protected]

NOTE: Make sure that the ePad is charged.

1) Download the firmware from: http://www.mfpnetworktools.com/downloads/zt-update_512MB_2GB_android_2.2_20110312.zip
2) Unzip the folder "zt-update" and copy the whole folder to a micro SD card

3) Power off ePad abd Insert micro SD card into it.

4) Press BACK key (ROUND BUTTON ON right side of the screen) at the same time when you turning on the tablet
5) Press the BACK again when the screen says to press ENTER.
6) Burning will begin the restart by itself.
7) After it reboots a dialog will popup with three options select the top one(com.android.provision.DefaultActivity) then wait.
8) Select Next you might have to do a screen calibeate after this, use a point to touch the green crosshairs on the screen.
9) When you see the screen with "Finish Setup" button press it,then you will be back at the popup select the top option(com.android.sdksetup.DefaultActivity).
10) Firmware update is now complete, turn on WiFi in settings and select your network in WiFi settings, enter password the switch ePad off then on again.

good luck

Cult Of One

dracennight

May 19, 2011
I tried you steps and the file above errors out at 3.1mb tried downloading it 4 times. I have tried that method to flash my tablet on at least 5+ zt-update files and I get the same thing every time no_zt-update.... then it goes on to check for CE updates and none found. heck everything says it's rooted yet SU isn't working and no update to SU is working. I have even sideloaded SU and tried that and it didn't work so I then uninstalled it and it only installed the part I put in and left the factory SU.

almost make me wish there was a dos mode to boot to to remove the facory SU.

hardlog

Jun 2, 2011
Hello,

sorry about my bad english.
I am not able to install WinCE on my ZT180 (1. Generation ?).
I try it like descriped above. In step 3: "Turn on the tablet by holding down the Menu button (circular button on front face) and then pressing the Power button (located on the top of tablet when holding horizontally). Your commputer will indicate that it has found new hardware. Locate the driver for the ZT-180 which is located in the “USB Drivers” folder within the .rar image which you downloaded in Step 1 above. Install the USB device using the driver located in the USB drivers folder (if you do not know how to to do this please watch the YouTube video above) the display is not only black, it shows following: "Prepared enter mmc update mode. Press ENTER when insert, other exit. No card insert!". And it do not recocnice my PC via usb, it try Win7 (32) WIn XP ... nothing ...
Have someone an idea? Is it possible to install WinCE via tf-card?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Hello,

sorry about my bad english.
I am not able to install WinCE on my ZT180 (1. Generation ?).
I try it like descriped above. In step 3: "Turn on the tablet by holding down the Menu button (circular button on front face) and then pressing the Power button (located on the top of tablet when holding horizontally). Your commputer will indicate that it has found new hardware. Locate the driver for the ZT-180 which is located in the “USB Drivers” folder within the .rar image which you downloaded in Step 1 above. Install the USB device using the driver located in the USB drivers folder (if you do not know how to to do this please watch the YouTube video above) the display is not only black, it shows following: "Prepared enter mmc update mode. Press ENTER when insert, other exit. No card insert!". And it do not recocnice my PC via usb, it try Win7 (32) WIn XP ... nothing ...
Have someone an idea? Is it possible to install WinCE via tf-card?

it depends on what version you are trying to install if its android 2.2 you can use the TF card