G tablet wont boot up

masonjar9288

Jul 20, 2011
I have the viewsonic g tablet. When I turn it on, it goes back and forth from the G tablet symbol to the birds. I sometimes see a triangle with a ! in it. I have found links on how to reflash back to factory settings but I can't get my computer to see it. I think my problem is finding and installing the APX driver. Can it be reflashed using a micro SD card? Can anybody help me? Thank you very much

masonjar9288

Jul 20, 2011
I actually was able to to the restore in APX mode. However it did not help. It just keeps going back and forth from the G tablet screen to the birds. Any other suggestions?

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Using NVFlash and the 1.2 image files hosted at the link I posted, you can try adding clockworkmod for the 1.2 bootloader. This will allow you to wipe your cache and user data which is probably causing the boot loop. You will need to flash the 1.2 rom to use the tablet with that version of clockworkmod. To load: connect your tablet to your computer, open a command prompt, navigate to your NVFlash directory (ie, cd users/desktop/nvflash), type nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 clockworkmod.img
This should reflash your bootloader with clockworkmod for the 1.2 branch. After your computer is done flashing, disconnect and turn off your tablet. Start up your tablet holding the power and + buttons for recovery and clockworkmod should boot. Use the volume + and - keys to navigate the menu and wipe your user data and cache. Reboot the system. If you were already on a 1.2 rom, then it should boot into it, if you were on a 1.1 rom it'll go into a boot loop. You can use NVFlash to load either the 1.1 or 1.2 stock rom after using clockworkmod to wipe your user data and cache and things should start working.