gadgetrants for Moderator and beyond !

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Of course if we get Rico, then we also get one of the more involved moderators Matt...
Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

I've been lurking around many forums for a long time, due to a great many hobbies that me and my kids' have shared. They all grown up, graduated, and some even were kind enough to make us grand parents. We just had a beautiful new grand baby girl and her name is Caroline Elizabeth.

Anyway, every now and then, I saw a member who stands out above many others. Matt is one of them. He demonstrated a superb degree of passion, modesty, honesty, and is very people-oriented, here and elsewhere in other forums. His experiences, adventurous trait and desire to be better are at a very high standard.

I've learned from him, so did many others.

Therefore, if Matt is willing to share his time to help the forum on a regularly basis, then I'd suggest that Peter is to discuss the matter with Matt.

I's sure that a great many members would join me to vote for and urge Matt and Peter to consider.

Best,

Dave

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Guys (and of course DAVE), that's incredibly kind of you. I'd accept the invitation in a heartbeat, if there were a way to navigate a tricky issue: there are days where I can keep a tab for AT open in my browser and check it every 15 minutes, and then there are weeks where work is so thick I can't even check my personal email! Nothing would depress, disappoint, and frustrate me more than to become a mod who is inconsistent and sporadic. The mods here are anything but, and they set an exceptional standard.

If you have any suggestions for dealing with the the work/mod tradeoff (other than switching careers), I'm all ears. :)

-Matt

PS Dave, congrats on grandfatherhood! I can see that my father enjoys it immensely, but as a mid-lifer I don't quite get the concept yet. I guess my kids are still a bit too young for me to understand.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Matt,
I am not sure what kind of obligation would be imposed on a moderator beyond integrity and experience (in which you excel). This is not a full or paid job, therefore, we won't expect a moderator to be around all the time.
Accept it.
When you are available, we'd enjoy your wisdom.
When you are not, there are Peter, Fuganater and many others experienced users who would be around to help.
The world of android is just a beginning. There will be a lot more exciting developments to come.
Knowing of your passion, I'd think this is for you.
Best to you and yours,
Dave,

P.S. Hah! I am drawn to the iPad. It is a different world but a great one. No wonder why Apple products are so successful.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Dave, well the deed is done...I've been modded. Thanks for your encouragement and support!

Sorry to hear about the iPad. I guess it's hard to compete with something that's beautiful and works perfectly out of the box. ;)

-Matt