Galaxy Tab WiFi

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
I know that the WiFi only version (GT-P1010CWAXAR) hasn't been released yet, but does anyone think it would be worth switching from the Verizon version to this one? I'm guessing that the bluetooth issues will be resolved and there won't be any crapware. I like the size and functionality of the current tab, but hate that Verizon has to mess with it. What does everyone think?

Edit: Well I stand corrected. According to the Amazon pre-order page there will 3 preloaded apps, Kindle, Slacker, Asphalt 5 HD. AHHHH!!!! Why must they be so dumb.

Last edited:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I wouldn't exactly call those preloaded apps deal breakers from a crapware perspective especially with the amount of RAM (4gb) available for apps plus Froyo's apps to SD that will allow you to install to either the on-board storage (16GB) + whatever size Flash card you install. It's the carrier branded pre-loaded apps that are the problem (e.g., Sprint ID, whatever crud Verizon and AT&T load up). Note that its not just those 3 apps that are preloaded, Samsung also pre-loads MediaHub and Opendocs on its WiFi tab.

In any event, TigerDirect states that they have the WiFi Tab in-stock now for the same price as Amazon (but + shipping). Tempted but eyeing the new Acer Tab.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I'm poised to strike on this one, but it's an easier decision for me upgrading from a lower-end tablet as I am.

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
I bought my current Verizon GTab at Bestbuy and got the "free" buyback program, so I'd have to give $100 to trade for the WiFi. I'm still not sure if it's worth it... And wow that Acer tablet sounds pretty awesome. Now what? Too many decisions... LOL

Last edited:

am_beagle

Apr 11, 2011
I wonder...does the wifi only version get the A-GPS navigation ? I currently use a Verizon Galaxy Tab without Verizon's 3G and its satellite signal pickups are really nice.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
From what I understand, the Wifi version features a real GPS module, so it's shouldn't be a problem.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Anyone else see this thing disappear from...everywhere it seems?
I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere now.