Gameloft Showcased 10 Games that Have Been Optimized to Play on Nexus 7

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Gameloft-plain-black-logo.jpeg

Gameloft, the popular gaming publisher/developer shared some pretty cool news regarding some of their games right after the launch of the new Nexus 7, but their presser got lost in all the excitement of the Nexus 7. Their press release was likely buried under other news, but it got reposted today. It seems intriguing enough to share if you are a fan of this developer or any of their games. Apparently, 10 of their games have been specifically optimized for the Nexus 7. Here's the full press release below, and I took the liberty of bolding the games list,

SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Coming out of Google I/O 2012, Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games, has unveiled a lineup of 10 of their most popular titles that have been enhanced for the new Google Nexus 7 tablet, with 8 available today. Google I/O attendees will also find our popular first-person shooter N.O.V.A. 3 : Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance being showcased at the Developer Sandbox tomorrow, with additional titles such as Asphalt 7: Heat and The Amazing Spider-Man releasing soon.

Google I/O is focused on the tech world's latest web, mobile and social breakthroughs and bringing together thousands of developers who are turning them into tomorrow's startups. Google I/O returns to San Francisco's Moscone Center from June 27-29, 2012. The Developer Sandbox, first introduced at I/O 2009, is also a designated demo area where a wide range of developers who have built applications based on technologies and products that have been announced at I/O are featured.

"As Gameloft seeks to be one of the first publishers s to optimize its titles for each new platform, it is with great enthusiasm that we now bring a roster of our biggest hits for the new Nexus 7," said Baudouin Corman, Vice President of Publishing for the Americas. "With the new device features, we will not only be present on one of the best digital platforms out there, but we will be able to truly showcase our unique development approach and ingenuity through the high-quality of our games as well."

With more than 40 games currently available for download from Google Play™, a complete list of Gameloft's titles that will support the new Google device includes:

Asphalt 7: Heat

Dungeon Hunter III

Fantasy Town

Fashion Icon

Men in Black 3

Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation

N.O.V.A. 3 : Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance

Oregon Trail: American Settler

Shark Dash

The Amazing Spider-Man

For more information, please visit the Gameloft corporate website at Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft

Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc

About Gameloft:

A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile

phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Real Football®,

Modern Combat, and N.O.V.A.: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®, and also partners with major rights holders including Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.

Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,000 developers.

Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (isin:FR0000079600)(bloomberg:GFT FP)(reuters:GLFT.PA). Gameloft's sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker:GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.

Press Contact: Jessica W. Lewinstein North American PR Manager +1-415-265-5725 [email protected]