GenTouch Debug Loop After Flash - mediaserver & tcc_dxb_service

shawdog

Dec 11, 2010
Attempted to updated my new GenTouch with the 7800 Calibration patch, and now it just sits at the 'bird' boot screen. If I do a 'adb logcat', it appears it seems to be caught in some sort of debug loop. I can access the shell, but can't get the UI to boot.

Keeps mentioning:
I/DEBUG ( 846): Build fingerprint: 'unknown'
I/DEBUG ( 846): pid: 2696, tid: 2696 >>> /system/bin/mediaserver <<<
I/DEBUG ( 846): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), fault addr acf0b200

and:

I/DEBUG ( 846): Build fingerprint: 'unknown'
I/DEBUG ( 846): pid: 2695, tid: 2695 >>> /system/bin/tcc_dxb_service <<<
I/DEBUG ( 846): signal 11 (SIGSEGV), fault addr acf0b200
I/DEBUG ( 846): r0 80019000 r1 00000001 r2 acf0b202 r3 acf0b200

I've attempted to re-flash a couple different images, but always get this issue. Mainly wondering if the unit is salvageable. Almost feel like unit is newer then the update, but no proof.

shawdog

Dec 11, 2010
Now using gentouch78patchv3.zip and getting the same issue. The /system/build.prop file looks pretty bare. Dropped in a different build.prop, and still no luck. Pretty sure I'm calling no glory.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You need to contact Augen for the NEW REVISION firmware. They changed their hardware. You were not supposed to flash this.

shawdog

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks. They suggested I try gentouch78patchv3.zip this morning. I'll check back with them and better explain my model, tomorrow. I'd settle for a booting unit, over a modded one.

Thanks again-

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
shawdog, this is not the community's fault. Augen Gentouch changed their hardware completely without warning.

Flashing a modified firmware over the stock is not the problem. Flashing a firmware not intended for your device, however, is.

I'm sorry that I didn't pay too much attention to this before. I am not aware of any announcements made by Augen regarding this.

shawdog

Dec 11, 2010
Opps, let me rephrase that... they = Augen Tech support, not anyone in the forum. I chatted with Augen's tech support this morning, and they said updating to version 3 would fix it. I was just thankful someone could confirm there was a 'different' model out there. So thank you.

I updated the firmware thinking I had the same model I kept reading about. I hadn't seen anything on Augen's site regarding different models. I had hoped to mod mine, but killed it before even really using it.

robjack

Dec 16, 2010
I have the 3.5mm jack model, with Model #=NBA7800ATP

I've run into the same problem here. I bought this device, tried to flash it, then it gets stuck on creature on top left. "adb logcat" returns the same output (looping over the two processes).

I suspect I'm in the same boat, HOWEVER I flashed from Gentouchpatchv3.zip :\

Shawdog: were you able to fix it with the version 3 patch? Or did you do something else to get it running after flash?