Gentouch won't load, Augenus links are dead

AceMcCrank

Sep 26, 2012
Augen US links are dead now, same with the randomtechinfo links, making it difficult to maneuver around here. Hopefully you guys have the files hosted somewhere else and I'm just not finding it.

I can get to the recovery screen if that helps. And I am a complete newb to the SDK, making it hard to use at the moment. Step-By-Step instructions seem to not be working for me, even though I set up the variable "adb" for the %systemroot% path I installed it to. I still have to manually browse through cmd to platform-tools. However, I digress...

What I need is the "update_intson_android.zip" file, or equivalent. I have a MicroSD card, so that's not an issue. I'd move files over, but the device won't let me browse to any "3" of the displaying drives when I plug it into my computer using the Motorola drivers technique (thanks, by the way. I got that one from here.) If nyone has it hosted elsewhere, or has a better suggestion (I know the default Andoird OS had some issues) It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Further info: from what I can gather, it's a Gen 1. Th second model came with a 3.5 mm jack, from what I understand, and this one has the 2.5 mm jack.

AceMcCrank

Sep 26, 2012
Okay, update.
I can push items to the droid. That's not a problem.
Pulling items or attempting any 'adb shell' or 'adb install' gives me this: - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory <2> -
I tried getting the Android serial. reply? 1234567890ABCDEF. No way that can be the real serial. I'm still trying to get Superuser to install. Any options?

AceMcCrank

Sep 26, 2012
Okay, managed to manually fix that issue. Still getting a lot of missing directories, looks like I'll need to mount an IMG file and copy everything manually (apparently the ADB commands don't allow for wildcards in my experience thus far. Able to get into shell and do basic commands. Can still push, but cannot install. still. New error this time:
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?
#### Called register_android_provider_Mediastore()

I'll continue to keep you guys updated on my progress, help is still greatly appreciated from any Augen gurus out there. I'm not giving up!

AceMcCrank

Sep 26, 2012
Took a lot of work, but finally got things working. Just basic update, though. SD slot still unfunctional. installed apps seem to work. Store apps will not.

But that main thing is that it's no longer a brick. So where do I go from here? I keep seeing this droid pirate thing here but none of those links seem to work, and not sure if I can install without proper SD slot access.