Good Tablet For Editing Photos

rebab77

Apr 23, 2015
I am a photographer and Adobe just announced Lightroom for Android that lets you use the MicroSD to store your photos. So I want to try it out to replace my laptop when I travel.
A little history... I have been on a mac for almost 20 years that includes: desktop/laptop and mobile. I have played with android a little and found it a bit confusing but I am sure after use it would not be.

So what I am looking for is a really good tablet that would be good for editing photos that has a micro sd card slot. I am not sure about screen size since this would be replacing a 15" laptop on travel trips. I would think roughly the same size as an iPad air or slightly larger though I would be open to iPad mini size as well.

Where would be a good place to start my research?

Here is the Lightroom app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.lrmobile&hl=en
Here are the specs:
mb_path_right_arrow.png
Android

Lightroom on mobile supports phones running Android 4.1.x and later. Additionally, you need Lightroom 5.4 or later for Windows or Mac OS.

Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom on mobile meets the following system requirements:

Minimum system requirements

• Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.5 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • Internal storage: 8 GB
  • Android OS version: 4.1.x and later
Recommended system requirements

• Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and higher ARMv7 architecture
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Internal storage: 8 GB and above
  • Android OS version: 4.1.x and later