Google Play Store App

rcmoskop

Aug 10, 2012
My A500 does not have the Google Play Store App; How can I get this app and install it? I can not download any google apps without it. Please help...Thanks

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
1) Are you using custom rom?
- If yes, have you flash any gapps?

2)Are you rooted?
- If yes, download Play Store apk.
- Use root explorer and paste at system/app and install. Ensure to change the permission rw-r--r--

rcmoskop

Aug 10, 2012
This is my first android device, I recently did a factory reset. The device is all original. I do not understand how to do what you mean. I am just a beginner. Thanks

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
There should be...
Have you take a look at your app drawer? or
You launch setting. Go to Applications. Then All tab at top right.
Navigate the lists...any indicated as Google Play Store?

vjlucas

Aug 11, 2012
I'm new to this and I just bought a Coby 8042 and I want to install google play on it so I can download my apps., can someone please help me ?

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
My A500 does not have the Google Play Store App; How can I get this app and install it? I can not download any google apps without it. Please help...Thanks
Look for Android Market if you cannot find Play Store. If the a500 is new and was not yet updated, it may still have Android Market installed. That app was renamed by Google in subsequent updates to Google Play Store.

rcmoskop

Aug 10, 2012
I downloaded the play store app, but it will not let me create an account. I tap yes to create an account and it just goes back to apps screen. HELP thanks

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
It may be useful if you can post the Android version information here. Go to Settings > About tablet.

Post the Android version and Build number.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
The Market became the Play Store at roughly 3.2. So I would uninstall Play and go to Settings/ About Tablet/ Updates and manually look for an update.

However, your build ends in demo. This may mean the unit is a display/ store demo. They're not supposed to sell those. The demo units do not have all the functionality that the regular units have. I know some of the displays at Costco and Best Buy didn't have the Market installed. You may not be able to install the Market/ Play if it's a demo.

You could try 3 things:
1 - take it back to the point of purchase and see if they'll exchange it.
2 - Contact Acer, if it's registered and under warranty, they may be willing to do something.
3 - Somewhere in the forum are the instructions for rooting and flashing a ROM. You could find the current 4.0.1 ROM and flash it so you continue to get updates from Acer.

That's all I can think of, good luck.