Got an Update on Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
62 meg update, of course it didn't change the version number but I wonder if it is preparing for the expected 4.3 update. I expect 4.3 on my Galaxy Note 2 by December as I think it is necessary for compatibility with the Galaxy Gear watch (which I'm not really sold onbut I love the commercial) which Samsung has promised. I just think we should see the devices that are going to get 4.3 receiving the update near the end of the year.

AuntieParticle

Sep 20, 2012
This update was waiting for me when I got up this morning. I'm also hoping it's a precursor for the 4.3 update.

I think that the smart watches are a cool idea. I'm just not sure the Gear is the one I'm looking for, though I do like the name. I think the tech behind them (all smart watches) needs to mature a bit before I actually consider buying one.

Auntie
From my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 4

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I agree, it is a cool concept but don't see it adding that much functionality yet. I'll be curious to see what Apple does with theirs. Samsung is still developing the watch I think and it will be interesting to see where they take it. By the time it becomes compatible with my phone in December I should be able to get a better feel for its potential.