How to Get JB Update for SGN 10.1

bocabean

Dec 10, 2012
I am a relatively new user of the Galaxy Note 10.1. I see on various sites that people in the US are starting to receive the update today. They say that they are receiving it OTA. Given that the device is wireless, does that imply that the update should be found in the About device>Software update screen?

I have also seen people mention Keis, which is new to me. When I attach my device via that method to the computer, I do not see anything on the screen to show where an update would be indicated.

Thanks

'Bean

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If you are the patient type the update will find you soon, and you should see its availability in notifications. It doesn't hurt to manually check for it in settings either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

matadorx

Jan 15, 2013
Ive tried to get the update in Kies and it doesnt acknowlede that an update even exists.... When I try to see if I can do the OTA update it says something to the effect of.. access to the update is available to users in the order of which they request it, try again later..

its bumming me out :(

bocabean

Dec 10, 2012
A couple of hours ago, I called Samsung on the 1-800-SAMSUNG line to speak with a rep.

I asked about the status of the update and why I was not receiving anything. She checked with tier 2 tech and she then insisted that it was only being released so far in the UK and has not yet been released in the US. I informed her that not only has it been released in Germany, UK and elsewhere, but that it started to be released today as noted on various message boards. People from all around the US are posting that they are receiving it.

I also noted that the Samsung website has been changed yet again to show that JB is the official OS for the GT-N8013. All she did was stay with the party line, "not yet in the US".

I guess nothing should come as a surprise anymore.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi

I live in england we got jellybean on Jan 3, i upgraded via Kies which was very straight forward with the added advantage that the system automatically backed up the reinstalled my apps data and settings it takes about 15mins so be patient, jellybean definately seems to be an improvement, thought to be fair I receive this tab as a Christmas present so I had only been using ICS for about a week. It seems a bit smoother has more features and is definatley a lot easier on the battery since I upgraded.

Cheers
macthecat

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The OTA update will also preserve your data and apps no problem.

matadorx

Jan 15, 2013
Maybe England is small enough that everyone got the upgrade at once. It seems that here in the U.S. we are getting it in waves. Mine still wont upgrade either OTA or through Kies..

bocabean

Dec 10, 2012
Could someone explain to me how the keis process works?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Maybe England is small enough that everyone got the upgrade at once. It seems that here in the U.S. we are getting it in waves. Mine still wont upgrade either OTA or through Kies..

I woke up this morning and the update was ready to install. Should be very soon.

star1701

Sep 5, 2011
I got my new Note yesterday, plugged it in to the computer with Kies and it downloaded the Jellybean update. It took a while but i think that was my computer and connection. So it is out in the USA I live in Kentucky.

Arthereq

Jan 8, 2013
This might be a stupid questions but i've never owned a android device that had its operating system updated like the one coming out for the Note. When my tablet gets the update to Jelly Bean will i lose all my apps, pics, music ect...? Does it rest the device back to factory settings???

Thanks in advance.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
All of your apps and settings remain intact. Only the OS changes.