Gps

charles

Aug 18, 2010
A two part question.
Does anyone know of a tablet that has a built-in GPS chip? Or a second question, is it possible to tether your android phone and use the GPS chip in it?

The reason for the question. I travel as a field rep. about 60,000 miles a year and in many places do not have a data connection. This means that online maps aren't available. I have "Co-Pilot" and another android map app that without a data connection, but I've thinking that the 7-10 screen of one of the new tablets coming out soon would be much easier on the eyes and safer to use while driving. I currently use my Vibrant which is much better then the G1, still not all I would wish for.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Charles

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
The Wits A81E has a GPS chip in it. Don't know how good it is. Also, I just received a Camangi WebStation that also has a GPS but did not have time to test it yet.

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
I own a A81E and it does have the gps option. With multiple gps test programs, on a nice sunny day in a suburban environment I was getting a +/- 8 ft. Accuracy. I have yet to attempt to use it in an urban jungle or highly wooded area. Both which are notorious for gps problems.

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

charles

Aug 18, 2010
Any idea as to when the Notion Ink will be available? It sounds like the one I would be most interested in.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I am NO expert, but have been using my A81E GPS since Sep. in this concrete jungle called Los Angeles using MOTONOV SW. Quite OK, takes 10/15 mins. to get a fix initially and then normal. Hope this helps.