Greetings!

Mar 23, 2011
Um, what to say... well I found this place while looking for information on my Sylvania tablet and was impressed with the level of working knowledge and helpfulness being shown... plus it looks like I could get my questions answered here.

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about computers or electronics. I probably know about enough to get me into trouble. I mostly view computes as tools and regard them based on their usefulness for the given function (be that work or entertainment).

I'm starting to get into the whole Tablet PC thing after coming across and old Dell Axim at a Goodwill some while back and began fiddling around with it. Using it for reading, some writing and media viewing. Since then I've been looking for something to replace it and thought the low-cost Sylvania tablet would be a fairly good way to make a start without having to sacrifice hundreds (note the plural) for a device I wasn't sure I'd want. So far I've been pleased, though there are some things bothering me... but that's for a different forum! Also: This tablet is my first experience with the Android OS and I gotta say... I really like it!

I currently own a Sansa Fuze MP3 player, a slicK E-Reader (got from Big Lots, works very well) and the Sylvania Tablet and that's it as far as tech gadgets go.

I'm sort of hoping to find something better along the way, but there are so many different tablets on the market, it's very hard to tell what's good and what isn't. I've taken the gamble on third-rate tech twice now (with the E-Reader and the Tablet) and so far it's payed off, but I want my next step to be better informed.

So that's really what I have to say about myself.

Last edited: