Haipad m701 firmware

dimisx1

Jan 24, 2011
Hello i have haipad m701 with 4gb nand and i want to apply new firmware so to be able to sell it the specs are FIRMWARE 2.1-update 1 / 2.6.29 cbsdata@CBSServer #183 MID 1.1 Can you advise me please??

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Since you are planning on reselling it you probably want it to be fully functional, so don't flash it with a 2.2 rom.

There is one 2.1 update after yours: #186 Large Memory Fix (it is supposed to get the tablet to correctly report storage sizes - other than that it is apparently the same as the #183 firmware you are already running). So it may not be worth the trouble of flashing it.

dimisx1

Jan 24, 2011
Yes maybe is not worth the touble but i also want to erase my google account from this tablet and there is no other way except from factory reset i think.
If there is onether way please tell me so to avoid flashing!!!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
factory reset is an option in the settings, you do not need to flash the tablet to clear account data.

dimisx1

Jan 24, 2011
I tried to erase my main account but it doesn΄t let me do so because there must be an account always with the tablet how can i erase it?

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
As I get closer to upgrading my tablet I begin to have the same concerns.

Is there a definitive guide for resetting our Haipads?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
the most simple way to reset the pad is by installing new firmware on it. '^^

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
If you are trying to use "Settings>Accounts & Sync>[account name]>Remove Account (button)" that isn't what I was talking about - and I believe that is the one that tells you there has to be at least ONE account on the device.

I was talking about "Setttings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset" which will erase all user data and accounts from the tablet. After a reboot it will run the account setup wizard and screen calibration again. If for some reason it doesn't work then there's always the option of flashing the tablet to clear it.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
After a reboot it will run the account setup wizard and screen calibration again. If for some reason it doesn't work then there's always the option of flashing the tablet to clear it.
whenever i tried this i got stuck on the 'touch the android' screen and could get beyond that so i forget about that often.

But then again i might have learned why that might be.
On a different pad i tried to remove the phone.apk and telephonyProvider.apk as a powersaving measure(this works quite well on the m701)
from the firmware before flashing. it resulted in the same behaviour.
i got stuck on the 'welcome' screen but was able to re-install the both .apk's and after a reboot everything was fine...
Maybe this is the same on the m701.
probably this would be better in te 'hacks collection' '^^

Also on my M701 i need to plug in a USB cable and the reset works only after that.

Last edited: